Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to take off or loosen my skidplate to wash off the mud, dirt, grass, sticks and sand that builds in there. It's unbelievable how much crap gets trapped in there and in the CV Boot Guards. I wash my Grizzly off everytime I Ride it in muddy or dusty conditons. I use my pressure washer to wash it off if I got a lot of mud on it but I'm careful not to put too much pressure on the engine and brake parts. I've got a lot of experience on using pressure washers. The only thing I really don't like about the Grizzly is that it eats up too much gas. I wish it had fuel injection. Everything else is just perfect.

·
Registered
462 Posts
you dont go shopping for a car/truck with gas milage in mind,and buy a F-350 v-10 4x4,and later say man it loves gas

you pretty much know this prior to signing the papers

myself,i couldnt care less about MPG,i want a bike that will do what i want,and what others cant,so if it doesnt do great on gas,oh well

ive ridden almost an intire day (thats alot of riding),and have never run out of gas on it yet

also there are other bikes that are about the same in weight,but do not have the power that the grizz has,and get about the same milage

the same goes for cars/trucks/vans,,,i had a chevy Astro van for work with a V-6 engine,with the amount of tools i carry,coupled with the engine,and body size,i was getting horrible milage,it was too much labor for the van,,,i bought a E-250 superduty van,8' bed,with a V-8 (i think the 4.6),and i get about the same milage with alot more room,,,it really depends on aplication

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Master400, i have read lot about gas mileage on peoples Grizz's and it seems to be inconsistant for some reason? Some guys get a 100 miles some only 40 or less? I don't really know why? I am totally happy with mine as well, i am guessing a 100 miles easily? It also depends on how much you have it in 3x4 and diff lock? Most of my riding is in 2 wheel high and only when it gets nasty do i put it in 3x4 and then if it is really nasty then i will put it in low and 4x4 diff lock. I am amazed what the grizz will go through in 2 wheel drive only!..........Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Would not mind the fuel injection myself but then we will not be working on these things like we do now. It will end up like our cars all on computer for the mapping of the injestion and stuff.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
The other week end when I took a mate out after pigs and buff we rode heaps from Friday afternoon till Sunday lunch time, mostly just putting around in grass upto 6 ft high and only used less than 15 ltrs? This was carring heaps of gear and two lads!

I think it depends on how you ride. Hard and fast = heaps of gas slow and steady ain't to bad.

Cheers Noel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts