Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so about 6 months ago I bought a decent 2004 Yamaha kodiak 450. Used from a repair shop that sells used arcs too .. the guy got it from the original owner, never plowed with it, just a farm quad. Ran great until yesterday. I was plowing for the second time because where I live ( upstate ny) we just got almost 2 feet in 24 hours. So every 6 inches I would go out. Quad is garage kept. Brand new battery. Ok so down to problem. I have a long straight driveway at a pretty steep incline. I was using the 4x4 and momentum to push the giant pile I had infront of my thru the street to the other side ( this is after about a hour of being outside during pretty much a blizzard, so me, and all the knooks and crannys in my kodiak where full of snow. But I’ve done this twice before. Snow never had a issue with being out in it. Well as I was plowing that pile all of sudden it just died. Literally. My lights all work, I only have 1 aftermarket light bar on the front for plowing and it works great. All my electrical stuff is fine EXCEPT THE SCREEN . Now it’s dry in my garage, but still I turn the key and the screen stays black, it won’t start with the green start button OR pull start. Can you even pull start a kodiak without the screen on? I just don’t get it. Okay I made a mistake. I was so frustrated that I threw a towel over my head and took the seat off at midnight in the bottom of my driveway. Tried to cover the snow from getting in there with the towel. Didn’t work well. So first think is checked fuses. One 10 ( red small) fuse was blown, I didn’t have a extra 10 at the time so I put the extra 13 I had in. ( or 15 whatever the blue one is ) thinking if I can atleast get it started I can make it back to my garage and figure it out. Well when I put the bigger size fuse in, the screen came on, but stayed that greenish color. No numbers or anything popped up. So I turned the key off, turned it back on and now it won’t come on at all again. So finally I retreated, grabbed the 4x4 jeep and towed it back up my driveway into the garage, checked all the fuses, replaced the 10 that blew. But STILL it’s boggling my mind. I have all my electric working. Lights. Tail light. Light bar. But when I put the key in and turn it. Nothing. No screen, no starter. Anyone give me some guidance ? I just have to fix this ASAP or have to pay 150$ to someone to come plow my driveway. And I rather use the money for a part to fix this old beast that I love. I took a old ( 2004) quad and brought it back to life. But now I’m banging my head agenst a wall. Help me please guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts