Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen that many of you have large rear trunks on your wheelers. They look so handy that I went out and bought one. It is the Cabela's large trunk. My rifle fits nicely in the back. My shotgun will fit inside if put on an angle. I mounted it up. It feels great to lean against it when stopped. Holds a ton on stuff. And just really handy.

BUT!!! before my first ride my brother said "Don't you worry about getting hung-up if you had to get off the back of the machine?" Or "Would the trunk catch you if the front end came up and you couldn't slip off of the back?"

I thought about his questions for a couple of nights (Spelled "Nightmares") and removed my new, shiny, handy, comfortable, trunk from the back of my wheeler. Am I over cautious or is he right? I seek your sage advice. Is this really a concern? Or...do you want buy a brand new trunk at a good price? DGR

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I guess it all depends on the type of riding you do? I haven't had a problem with mine yet but that doesn't mean I won't in the future. I know mine would actually keep it from flipping over backwards and it would help it stop it from rolling/flipping on it's side. It all depends on how bad you need it I guess? I am not worried about any of those concerns and to be honest I never even considered them? I will be keeping mine on but thanks for the heads up....Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
DGR if you are trail riding you should be fine. If you are "racing" it like a sport quad, you have every reason to be concerned!

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have on a few occasions stood mine right up on its tail and on its side and have never ever had any problems. i actually have to admit it makes me a little more secure as i know it takes a whole lotta effort to try and flip it over. plus as you mentioned its great for resting and carrying all the junk we need to take with us. another thing is when i need to clean the skidsi just stand the grizz up on its back and it stays put. i dunno just my $.02

·
Registered
339 Posts
Guys have had some problems riding with me and having the large trunks on. Narrow off camber trails give them a little trouble and steep hill climbs also. You have to get used to riding with all that weight that can acumulate in a large box. Very happy with my box, it is only about 8 inches tall.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I've had mine on pretty much ever since I got my Grizzly. Never felt anything like a tendency to tip over. Wife sits back there and still no adverse effect on handling, but when she drives and I take it easy there is somewhat of a difference. HA HA Guess that is why she wants her own ride now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have this large homebuilt box on mine and love it.my brother in law gave it to me(his friend built it)and i wouldn't want to be without it.the thing caries all kinds of stuff.i realy don't wory much about what can happen,just what does.

·
Registered
141 Posts
another pic.

·
Registered
141 Posts
and another.

·
Registered
141 Posts
one more.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
got to have that beer i mean drink holder!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
yea i jst threw them on to see if they would work.they probally won't but i wont know till i try.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I know the only problem that I have ran across with my trunk ( well wife's) is that when trail riding you have to be carful trying to sneek under fallen trees. I made it under a set of fallen trees but my wife behind me got stuck..lol

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The only danger of having a large rear trunk is telling her she has one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts