Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got to ride my grizz for the last time in the snow 2 weeks ago before someone liked it more than me and and stole it out of my container last sunday night.I hope who has it gets seriously injured on it and dies.The worse part about it is I still have to make payments on it,and I only had it 6 mounths

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry to hear that Smooth, I hope you had insurance? It is quite common unfortunatley! Too much of it going on, it use to be sleds, now that quads are out selling them they are the hot ticket now. Good Luck.......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
That's bad news, sorry for your loss. Hope you get a chance to kill the basterd.

·
Registered
382 Posts
too bad they dont offer LoJack for these types of machines...where I bought my Grizz in White Plains, MD the dealer had just became a LoJack authorized dealer...I asked about getting it installed on my Grizz and they said it was not currently available for off road vehicles...they said the police does not have enough off road vehicles themselves to be able to recover the stolen off road vehicles. I wouldve gotten it had I could, to me the $800 was better than insurance.

good luck, hope something positive turns up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They also got my warrior,but I found that about 1/4 mile away out of gas,I am waiting to hear back from my home owners insurance to see if they will cover it.From what people tell my the low lifes,scum from baltimore city come out to the countys and steal atvs,dirt bikes and take them back to the city and ride them because the police can't chase them .If the insurance pays me off I will wait for the 07 750 brute force to come out.About 3 weeks ago 2 niggers shot and killed the owner of a dirt bike when they where stealing it out of his garage in Essex maryland about 5 miles from me

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Lock up those precious toys...****, I'd be pissed! Even in the garage, lock that puppy down...or disable it. I found a little quad for my daughter that had some type of alarm system on it. The salesman said lift the rear up off the ground...and an alarm went off...I was like...****, that's sweet...LOL! I haven't bought it though...so not that impressive...ha!

Piss on people that steal our toys....

Dawn

·
Registered
256 Posts
Too bad smooth...I hope you eventually get it back! If somebody stole my grizz and I found out who it was, I wouldn't kill him but I'd rip his right arm and beat him with the bloody end.

I have insurance on my grizz and I keep it locked-up in the garage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine was lockedup in a 20 ft sea container with a 1/2 dia.link chain across the front doors 2 chains inside on the grizz,warrior holding it to the floor,and 1 chain wraped around both and they still got them.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
**** smooth sorry to here I hate ass holes loke that but from the way it sounds you had it locked down.

As far as I know and have checked into around me homeowners ins. will not cover them no matter if in the garage attatched or not or even in the yard they are looked at like a car or truck and need their own ins. When I transferd my loan from Yamaha to my local bank the bank had me show that I had insurance on them.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
If they want them bad enough there is nothing that can keep them from taking our stuff. Except maybe 165 grains traveling at 2300 feet per second.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been over a week now and haven't found it yet,but the good news is my homeowners insurance adjuster said they will most likly cover it.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Too bad they haven't found it yet smooth, but at this point I doubt you would want it back? Good news about the insurance, hope they come good for you?...Irv

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'v already found another 4 wheeler for sale,a 05 750 brute force with a plow and a winch with 70 hours on it for $5200

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sounds good but it is a Kawy??.......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Smooth, we won't disown you just because you moved to the dark side. Good luck with the BF, let us know how it compares to the Griz.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy has one ,it would out run the grizz with no problem,and I haven't found a grizz forsale in my area

·
Registered
256 Posts
Smooth--Was the 2005 model the first year Kawai made the Brute Force?
If so, I would recommend against buying it. I have 2 buddies who spend there time at the dealer for repairs and fighting over warrantt issues. One of em had to have the engine repaired twice (pistons & rings)

Apparently kawi fixed alot of issues on the year 2

·
Registered
81 Posts
geez i hate it when people do that. we have a horseback riding ring thats HUGE. its like 365 feet long and 165 feet wide. with a steel pipe welded fence. and its got gates that are worth 2500 canadian each. and we use one of them combination locks that are 35 bucks each.... ya the morons that live around here are major dirtbikers and anti-horse kids, sooo they like to cut the lock and get inside and try to tear it up. the footing is like 5 inches deep. so if they get a quad in there and start doing donuts it tears it up not bad, and i've seen tracks of a truck in the ring too. mind you i go up there that day and harrow it again. but i think we've gone through like 4 locks.

wow... sorry to hear that. i wonder what they used to get through the chain???

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
NFG that's like a track around a football field. I'd be tempted to ride there too but I would ask permission. You ever think of sponsoring some short track races? Put some plywood around the inside of the fense and charge the guys to come in and ride. You can always push the dirt back for the ponies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts