Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was snooping around on e-bay today and they had a 2" lift kit for the grizzly listed for around $135.00 US from Extreme ProductsATV, have any of you lads used or heard of them.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Sorry never herd of them here, did they show any pictures of the kit?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey interceptor you might be in luck, I was just looking on the High Lifter forum and saw a guy by the name of "Cutty" that has the same lift you are talking about. He has it on is 05 Grizz with 1" wheel spacers. So far he says is vary happy with it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
We have discussed this lift on this forum before and I have just posted an update to that thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found the Xtreme Products lift kit on a site called www.tiresnstuff.com for about $111.00. I would like to know something about the lift myself.

Grizzkin

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Lads,

I read the other thread and checked out the above site, I will be placing my order tomorrow.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
DKNARD;

I thought I remembered it somewhere on here but I thought I was just going crazy or something...lol Guess I should have done a quick search for it:)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Lads,

I can purchase one of these lift kits but they are unable to ship directly to Australia they can only send to a US address. Would any of you be able to take reciept of the kit and send it onto me!

I would be willing to cover freight (obviously) and shout you a few bucks for your time, as long as you dont decide to keep the kit and try it out on your Grizzly first LOL.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
339 Posts
Intercepton...Wonder why they won't ship over there. I am sure UPS, FedEx, or DHL would be able to handle it. Is it tires and such or the manufacturer, Xtreme, that will not ship to you?

Grizzkin...Is there something you would like to ask?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DK,

Xtreme said that their mailing system is only setup for the USA?

It has turned out OK as TMAXXSTAR is taking care of it for me and RobG also offered, now I also have the CV protectors coming as well.

It will be like an early Christmas when all this stuff turns up. HIPPEEEEEE!!!

Cheers Noel.

P.S. I was thinking about posting a "how to" including plenty of pics when I fit all this gear, do you guys think it is worth it or is it quite simple.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well I was going to offer as well, glad you were able to make the arrangements.

The lift comes with good instructions individually bagged for each corner of the machine. Although it is not hard to install it does take a little time to complete it, also be sure to have a thin open in 1/2" wrench available for two of the front fasteners.

For info on tips I am slowly putting tech tips on NYROC's web site for the Grizzly. http://atv.dnsalias.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
DKNARD,

I want to run 27" or 28" tires. Would the lift kit be absolutely necessary ? I don't want to put any extra strain on the drive components if I don't have to. I am worried about putting the A- arms at a severe angle. Also, would you recommend a clutch kit with the oversize tires? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Grizzkin

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I do not have a lift but from what I have read in the past you would want to install a clutch kit with the 27 or 28.

Mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can run 27's without a lift and most 28's also, only you may find that you will have to trim the black plastic on the fenders because it will most likely rub when the shocks are compressed. I am assuming that these will be on aftermarket wheels with a larger offset, if not then wheel spacers will be needed in the front so you don't rub at full turn.

Clutch kit will be needed with the larger tires, no question. And just the fact that you are putting a larger and more agressive tire on will be putting lots more strain on the CV joints, regardless of the angle. The 660 power, agressive spinning tires and traction equal stress.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was considering this lift...but if all you get is a inch front and rear i will stay with what i have.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Intercepter,,,,i just bought my 2" lift kit,but havnt installed it yet

they said for the 660 Grizz the OEM "rear" axles wont hold up,and you have to upgrade only the rear axles to Gorilla axles,or the equivalant

the reason being,when the kit is installed,it rotates the rear axles,and the OEM axles wernt designed to handle the stress at that angle

the best price i could find for Gorilla axles was $359 per axle,but their heavy duty,,,like an inch thick,and claims of beig 60% stronger than the OEM

they also have a 1 year warranty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts