Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back after a ride at night. Something that has never happened to me occured tonight. I was riding with two friends and all the sudden my headlights went out. After looking, I discovered my bulbs were laying loose inside the lens. Turns out the bulb has a washer soldered to it that holds it from being pushed clear through its hole. Has this happened to anyone else? Anybody got a fix for this poor design? I do alot of night riding and I gotta say it sucks ridin with no lights on trails with steep dropoffs (100 ft ones), river crossings. Don't want this one to happen again.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have heard of it before, from what I remember the question is, did you have your lights half way on? Between high and low beam? I guess when it is like that it produced to much heat and melts the sodder. I think you can resodder if I remember correctly?.........Irv

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have heard of that happening on all years of Grizz and the reason is exactly as Irv has mentioned. If you ride noghts allot you may want to try the PIAA bulbs cause I have seen them and they are noticeably better than stock. Also have seen a couple of people install additional small lights mounted just under the front rack that help also. Plus the added bonus of adding lights is you can run them on a different circut so if the main lights go out or blow a fuse you still have lights.

If I were still a night rider I would have the PIAA bulbs and additional small lights mounted. I know what it is like to have to find your way home in the dark and it can be a nerve racking experience.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I did that on my 02 Grizzly. I was taking a friend for a ride. I crested a hill going pretty fast and wham...no lights! The lights had popped out of the holder...and that sucked getting them back into the holder and all...I think an all day task...I didn't know how to do it...LOL!

Dawn

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I solved the light problem with NVGs. Of course it helps if you make friends with a bunch of Special Ops guys that can hook you up.
I too have heard the PIAA bulbs are a huge improvement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
same problem just happened to me on my 04 grizz I was flying down a gravel road about 45mph just before a turn and with now warning no lights wtf?

I just replaced the bulbs with new grizzly bulbs, all I can figure is I shouldnt run with the high beams on too long? Man this could really get you in trouble you would think Yamaha would have a fix for this by now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts