Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Louisiana Trialer Dog on my trailer to hold the Griz in place. Has anyone used one before and if so, how did you like it? Did it hold in place like it suppose to or did it slide around. Had to weld some supports under the trailer to bolt it down.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
BG660,

We need pics man :) .

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interceptor

Here are some pictures

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last one, Again, has anyone use one and if so, did it stay in place or did it slide around.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
That looks pretty sharp, I've never seen one before. It looks pretty secure but I would still tie the front down. You can never be too carefull.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I like it,

But as Starky says "you can't be too carefull"

I always tie mine down with 4 straps and check the quad after a few minutes on the track.

Great pics too.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem I had with straps is that the bike slides back. I had a Guard Dog for my Silverado truck but sold it when I got the Avalanche. The Guard dog work great in the truck, Same concept but uses the 2" reciever on the truck. I stll plan on strapping the front, just needed something to stop it from sliding back and a little extra holding power. If it works like the Guard dog I had, I shouldn't have any problems.
Highlifter sells both Guard Dog and Trailer Dog. Also Cabelas sells them.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
What if you drill holes in the center of that floor plate. Then you can screw that bolt down into the plate so the thing won't slide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts