Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize most of you would have no use for mirrors,,they would tend to get in the way in the woods, which we dont have in northwest oklahoma,,, I do a lot of riding on dirt roads while checking water for cattle,,, I found these in cabelas(on the website,not the catalog),,, they work great, no vibration at any speed and they will fold down down somewhat if you would need to,,, just thought I would pass it on,,,,,,, also, If anyone has a experence with windshields I would be interested in hearing it,,,, Im thinking one might help this winter,,,,, thanks-----countrygrizz

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mirrors when riding are a must to keep tract of what is going on behind you. Also to know if any other riders or vehicles are coming up behind you. We ride mostly in the woods and on gravel roads, but when on roads that cars and trucks are on also you really need them. Windshields are really a necessity IMHO for winter time, helps keep the wind off of you, don't need frost bite. Here in the winter we try to ride at least once a week as long as we can, snowfall amounts dictate that, but as soon as the gravel roads are plowed so we can get a little south to get away from heavy lake effect snow amounts we are out again.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Great pics CountryG,

It looks like a beautifull part of the world there.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,,It is beautiful,,, if you dont want to look at anything, lol,, nothing here but cows and wind and a little dirt,, but I wouldnt live anywhere else,,,

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mirrors look good and functional. A few people I ride with use them. If I did a ton of winter riding then I may look into a windshield. But my heated grips and motorcycle helmet work fine. Most of my winter driving is just plowing the snow in my driveway and that doesn't take all that long.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use a windshield year round.

Pros: Helps w/ dust/rain during summer and wind/cold weather during winter (Gets cold here in Canada)

Cons: Poor visibility when mudding (windsheild full of mud

Mirrors are great to keep track of felow riding partners behind

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
A windshield is definately a must, at least for me. Ever try and outrun a thunderstorm. When the big drops start falling they can sting. Also, it gets down to 15 -20 below zero quite often in the winter but that doesn't keep me from riding. I couldn't do it without the windshield. Now that I have the ADB tracks, I'll be out all the time in the snow. The windshield I have has the mirrors mounted on it. Great addition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts