Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some reviewing (Searching function is down) posts on this site and saw that the grizzinator had MJ's Accessory Receiver System and liked it. Anyone else have and like it? I like the way you can move the winch from front to back quickly. It seems well worth apprx. $489.00.

http://www.montanajacks.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=19

How easy is it to install?

Is the wiring fairly straightforward and the diagrams easy to follow?

Do you recommend the Winch Rotator for the plow?

What other accessories for the Receiver System do you have and would recommend?

The install on my winch (standard front low mount would have cost $150.00 so that makes the RS only $300.00, from that perspective.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I started with the system on my 2000 Grizz which my son now rides. I installed it on my 2005 Grizz also because ti worked so well. The products I use:
Winch Guard: protects the winch from rocks, limbs etc.
Stinger with "D" ring: use it to pull logs or pull out quads without having to use the winch.
Winch Rotator: Works great and save the heck out of your cable. Goes straight down instead of 90 degrees and putting stress on the cable when using the plow.
Dry box: Costs a few buck but extremely well built with handy pockets. SO strong you can stand on it and it is easy to mount. I have used this in pouring rain and snow and it does not leak or let in dust in the summer. Take the time to check it out on their website.
Looking at the Gas-n-Tool Pak as possibly the next purchase.
The instructions are first rate and wiring diagrams also. Wiring is large gauge so no power drop. Well thought out location where the system mounts to the frame so that it has strength without damaging the quad.I would allow about 3-4 hours to install. Real easy to switch from front to back as the wiring has quick disconnects and the receiver uses hitch pins. If you have any questions the folks there are more than willing to spend the time to discuss thier products or help with install. Everything they make seems to be first class, well thought out and made to last.
I just got back from using the plow with the rotator for the last time this year as the snow is leaving. I also used the winch today on the back of the receiver system as my sons friend got stuck and I had to pull them out. The other time I have used the winch on the back is to winch myself down a steep cliff section. Much nicer going down the cliff facing down than backwards !
Montana Jacks also sponser's the Mountain Man Marathon at the Rocky Mtn ATV Jamboree.
Again good products and nice folks. I have no vested interest in the company but really like thier attitude and products. This is an older pic without the dry box.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Grizzinator"

Thank you for the detailed post. I spent almost 2 hours on the MJ website looking at all the parts, videos, technical documents, etc. The best ATV product website I have seen so far. I would not have known about it except for one of your old posts...Thanks! I will be purchasing the Receiver System within the next month.

Another product I am interested in is the X-tractor tool/shovel because my use will often be in deep sand. It is expensive at just under $90.00, but the video is impressive. Anyone on this forum have one?

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Grizzinator, I see you moved your rear overfender to the outside of your fender. How is that working out for you. Looks like you get another inch or so of protection.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just purchased the accessory receiver system, winch rotator, 60" plow and the X-Tractor tool along with some other items. I guess MJ can thank The Grizzinator (TG) for all the $$ I just spent on their excellent products.

Thnaks for the link TG!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Starky, I did put the overfenders on the outside and it is suprising how much that little bit saves you from the mud and snow. I tried it both ways and this was better.
ATVrk sorry about the $$$ you spent but I think you will be extremely happy with the quality and design of the products. Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grizzinator: The quality seems good and their site is very informative. I will keep you all posted and thanks again for the helpful information to make an informed decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts