Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

We are having a mud bog race meet here in a couple of weeks, I am thinking of giving the grizz a run, the meet is mainly for cars and full size 4X4's.

Have any of you guys had a crack at this type of thing?

If so, any tips (besides, diff locks in and hit it hard).

How do you guys think the grizz will handle heavy mud.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sounds like fun interceptor, how deep and watery is the mud? Do you have better tires than stock to put on it? Don't carry anything to don't need and only have enough gas to do your thing! Keep it as light as possible and good luck............Irv ( I bet it will do awesome!)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Irv,

I have no idea of the specs on the mud, I took the Blue Meanie through some awesome mud slop on Wednesday arvo, it was about 4" above the foot boards and the Grizz took it no probs.

A mate in town here has an 05 Grizz, he is thinking about giving it a shot as well so it should be a blast.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I know this is an old post but I thought I would add a little to it anyway.
If you ever submerge your quad and it fills up with water, don't try to start it to run the water out. The preasure from the water will do bad things to your motor.
First take your seat off and remove the airbox lid. Then take your spark plug out. Next, stand it on the rear end so the water will drain out of the pipe and the air box. Then put it back on its wheels. If you had a lot of water in the air box take your air filter off and shake all the water out of it. Don't wring it though. Then drain your carberator in case you sucked some water in it. Check your oil to make sure you didn't get a bunch of water in the crank case. If you find its filled up you will want to tip it on its side to get some of it out. Running the motor with the crank case completely filled is a bad thing. Then with the spark plug still out, turn the motor over to blow any water out of the cylinder. Then put the spark plug back in and you should be rollin.
The biggest mistake people make after they have submarined their quads is trying to start them when they are full of water. They do all the damage in the first couple cranks of the motor.
Don't forget to drain your belt housing and you are going to want to do a complete fluid change when you get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts