Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my griz I noticed a lot of mud etc. would get on the front part of the rear fender, and all over me also. The first thing I did was put a set of small mudflaps on the front fenders to try to stop some of it, really didn't work, they would have to be much longer and then they would get torn off backing up. Thought about it for a while and came up with this solution, like night and day now, no more mud being sprayed all over me and the rear fenders, works like a charm.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another pic

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last one

·
Registered
462 Posts
thats a pretty good idea,,,well done

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Dannyk, thanks for the PM. This looks like a great idea. What did you make them out of or are they an aftermarket add-on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dannyk what did you use? I been trying to come up with something to do the same thing but havn't fugured out what to use.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dannyk nice job. I put on a set of Yamaha floorboard extensions, and like you said they work like a charm. Here's a picture of what they look like.

·
Registered
462 Posts
tindy,,,,i seen those on ebay a while ago,and wondered what exactly they were,,,,thanx

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe it or not but I made mine out of an old front spoiler from a 4X$ pickup, the one that goes under the bumper, found it in the woods and took it home, the way it was shaped was perfect for a left and right side. Also had the lip that attached it the bottom of the bumper so I used some large sheet metal screws that had a collar on then to attach it to the yammy boards. Not a step but sure does the job it was intended for.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Dannyk, your invention gives me an idea but I won't be able to try it for a few months. We get that black plastic edging for trees and gardens and such. It's about 6 inches high and has the round part on top, I bet that would work good and it would be pretty cheap if it got torn off. Someday I'll try it and let you know how it works.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starky, will probably work like a charm, and cheap to replace if needed, another thing is you can use a small propane torch to put a slight bend or to shape it if needed, as you can see on mine the rear of the extensions have a little rise to them, all I did was slightly heat the part where I wanted it to bend, when it was flexible I removed the heat and held it there until it cooled, all done.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Dannyk, Good tip, I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Tindy, are those extensions on the kodiak or Grizz? I thought they were only available for Kodiaks?.........Irv

·
Registered
65 Posts
Irv, The floorboard extensions from Yamaha are available for the Grizzly and Kodiak.

Yamaha Part Number
Grizzly - ATV-5KM60-FE-00
Kodiak - ATV-5ND45-FE-BK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts