Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to grizzly and wondering what people think are the best mud tires to put on and what other modifications should i do? Appriciate the help

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Welcome Mudngirl I think you'll find everyone pretty friendly around here. Anyways I've had Mud Bugs, Mud Lites, and the newest is my ITP 589's. I love my 589's for the mud and snow and they do good on the hardpack. My brother runs Mudzilla's on his Honda; they do good but tend to hop and bounce when climbing steeper hardpacked hills - it just looks dangerous! Depends on the type of ring you do I guess.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you want an all arounf tire that is good in the mud the 589's are great. The Mudzillas are one of the best if not the best in mud. I had them but sold the set as it made the machine hard to steer ride rough and robbed way to much power. They were awesome in the mud but not what I wanted. I run 80% mud and didn't think that the trade off was worth it.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Mudngirl, go to the suspension heading in this site, there should be lots of info in there? Good Luck, I know it is a hard decision picking the right tire.........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Welcome to the site,

As far as modifications go, a great start is to upgrade your airfilter and put a power tip on the exhaust!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts