Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got back from my first ride in two months. I missed it so much. We got a few pics of our ride today, they are below. We went about 22 miles, mostly in the Jungle Habitat lands and surrounding parks. I would say about 75% of the trails we went on today were fresh snow, so we were the first to try it since the snowfall. It is our summer trail and it is one heck of a climb.

Also, about 15 minutes after we got home, I heard the fire sirens going off. I just found out a small plane crashed into the powerlines and right of way that we were just riding through about 30 mins ago. I feel bad because I don't see how the rescue is gonna get up there with the rocks and snow. We had a hard enough time. Hope they are OK.

Jim

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the first pic. We stopped at a ridge overlooking a small lake in the background. The white area that looks like a hill is the lake.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a pic of my friend Joe and I. My other friend Ryan took the pic. Ryan rides the brand new Honda Foreman Rubicon. Joe has the Wolverine, and I'm on my Grizzly... been through wars with that thing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is our next break at the top of the mountain... the view from here is great.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a view from the top overlooking the Monksville Dam. The dam is to the right where the white snow on the lake just ends and it has a road on top. You can't see them in the pic but we could just make out some ice fisherman on the lake below.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is from the same point as before but looking a little to the left. The lake wraps around that outcrop of land/mountain.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a view north towards NY state over the mountain in the background. Greenwood Lake is there somewhere.

Jim

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Great pics Grizzly NJ. Looks like some great riding!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I just heard that two people died in the plane crash. I keep thinking that if we didn't take a shortcut because one of my friends had to be home by 1:30 then we would have been right in the area when the plane went down. Both my friend and I are police officers and I doubt there would have been anything we could have done, but I still wonder.

Here is a video from a local news channel that was at the crash today. This is about 1/4 mile from my house and basically right on top of our trail. We cut across Airport Rd to get into Jungle Habitat.

http://news12.com/NewCDA/articles/media_pop?CID=%26rid%3D2%26region%3DNJ%26id%3D130796

Jim

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Man that looks like beautiful country Jim.

I think you guys have got it made in the States and Canada, definately some of the most scenic places that I have ever seen albeit only in pics on the net and tv.

Very jealous. Great pics too.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure there is some great scenery on the rides down under!

Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have got to get out there with you. my brother just got a rubicon
and we are planing to go this sunday in our dad's back yard (rockaway
57acers). i know we talked befor but if you get notice as to when you're
going let me know and i will try to get up there.

todd

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha Good eye Marine... the front rack is off. I replaced the front grill (which I friggin cracked again on the first ride!!!) and had to remove the front fender. After I put everything back together I left it off because I was still dealing with the solenoid problem under the hood. I ended up leaving my friend's house and left it in his garage. He forgot to bring it with him Sunday so I ended up riding without it.

I'll try and get some pics with it... it ROCKS.. one of our summer rides, we found a doll head with no hair in a pool of mud in the middle of the woods... I took it home and fastened it to the front grill.... it is my dead doll head with one working eye hood ornament and it is so cool. I should have it this week.

And Todd, we will probably be riding again this Sunday if it doesnt snow anymore. Even with the storm we just got, it may be too deep to go I'm not really sure yet. There is also a slight chance for a Saturday ride.

Email me at [email protected] again and we'll discuss. We meet around 8am on Sunday at my house and leave right from there. I live in West Milford by the airport.

Jim

·
Registered
341 Posts
****, I never realized New Jersey had such lovely scenery! I know I didn't like what I seen in Fort Dix in 1971 but ****, there is some nice places from your pictures. It's just too bad they shipped me out to Saigon before I could visit some of your State! **** Army.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts