Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Good thing it wasn't a picture of a pair of pants.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
The lights and the bumper look great. Kudos for having a girlfriend that can help out.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Great Looking Quad! Gerald.

I have the same bumper and I love it!

(I just keep breaking the warn trail lamps, so I now buy them (cheap clones)by the dozen for quick replacement.

PS: try to recess the lamps as far back as possible, also seal the rubber boots with silicone and close and seal the drain holes. That way they last longer than one water splash or Quad wash!!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Nice quad Gerald, I have the same one with a rear seat. I like that bumper and trail lights! Are those Mudlite tires? What size did you go with?......Irv

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love that front bumper---Awesome!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Looks good and mean....I like it :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the advice for the tires from this forum! They are 261012 front and 261212 in back. They slow it down a bit but I can still top it out at 65 in two wheel drive on the beach with my girlfriend!! With stock tires it would rev up quite a bit faster but I can go more places in two wheel drive with mudlights than I could with stock tires in 4 low diff lock....If I was to try something different in the tire department I might go with dirt devels because they have the same tread depth as mudlights but they have a longer lasting tread design. If anyone has dirt devels sound off with your info! Gerald

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have 26" Dirt Devils on both our Grizzlies but I can't tell you how they ride or work. Come September though, I'll be giving lots of ride reports.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Dirt D's look pretty much the same but they have what looks like a better tread pattern for all around riding. The mud lites are going to wear down faster because the lugs are pretty soft and spaced apart to clean the mud out. I think the Dirt D's would be comparable in the mud but way better for other stuff and way longer lasting. I did my research and they have the exact same tread depth as Mud lits but with a little better tread design in my opinion...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts