Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NDOW Proposes Baning Weapons on ATVs While Hunting! Commissioner Tommy Ford of Las Vegas, chairman of the Regulation and Procedures COmmittee has proposed a regulation that will eliminate guns on ATVs during hunting seasons. Ironically, Chairman Ford serves as a sportsmen's representative. The draft regulation reads in part, "...in any management area or unit which has a hunting season in progress for the hunting of any big game mammal or game bird, it is unlawful for a hunter or tapper or any person assisting or accompanying a hunter or trapper, to carry any weapon declared legal for the taking of game mammals or game birds pursuant to NRS 503.150 or a regulation adopted by the commission, in or on an off-road vehicle which is being operated 25 yards or more away from teh edge of an established road located on public land." Our own agency is taking the first step to ban ATVs on public lands! At a time when hunter numbers are decreasing, this proposal by Chairman Ford will remove the elderly and handicapped hunters from the field. Ranchers who have hunting tags will not be able to use ATVs off-road even for coyote hunting with this regulation. This is just another step to ban hunting on public lands. This will open the door to a total ban of ALL ATVs on ALL of the public lands in Nevada! Tommy Ford is trying to get this accomplished at the December 5 and 6, 2003 Wildlife Commission meeting in Reno. It is extremely disappointing that our own sportmen's representatives on the Wildlife Commission would do this without even consulting the hunters in this state! Nevada Hunters Association
PO Box 50557
Reno, NV 89513

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Robg!
This commissonier out in Las Vegas would have a heart attack if he had a chance
to see the deer stand that I built that is on top of my 1st four wheeler that I
bought in 1988.
I have a 1987 Big Bear 4 wheel drive that I built a lean to stand on top of, that has helped me to take quit a few deer off of.All you have to do is pick a good hunting spot and back up to the tree and chock the rear drive tires and then unlatch the platform that you can stand on or sit on.
Then you reach above you and push over the ladder toward the tree.Then I take a ratchet strap and throw around the tree about middle ways of the ladder and tighten it down.I don`t think anybody has built a deer hunting 4 wheeler like the one I have,or that I have seen yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts