Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced their front lower a-arms. Mrs. Starky and I both need to replace a front lower a-arm and I have found a web site where they are reasonably priced. What I need to know is, when you take the orriginal one apart are there any parts that can't be reused. Both quads are pretty new and have little milage on them so the internal parts of the a-arm should be ok IF they can be taken out and reused. Before I order parts I want to make sure I get everything I need but I don't want to buy stuff if it's not necessary.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The best website I found for real Yamaha parts at a GREAT price is

http://www.mrcycles.com/

As for the A-Arms... My Grizzly is a 2002 and has been through alot of rock trails. They got bent a few times. What we did was take them off, straighten them, and then weld supports and guards right onto them. So we didnt replace them. Figured they would just get bent again.

This isnt a car you need to have track straight at 65 MPH... We're bouncing around over rocks all the time, so if they aren't 100% aligned, its not going to throw me. I havent had any issues with our fix.

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just replaced my upper A-arm and the ball joint on the lower. The ball joint is only replaceable on the lowers as they are welded in the uppers. Also, you can press out the control arm bushings and re-use them. Make sure to grease them liberaly before pressing them back into the new arm. As far as the ball joint, there is just a snapring holding it it and is very easily swaped over to the new arm. If you swap over the bushings and ball joint, you will save about $50 per arm.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Starky...I would be interested in where you found the best price on the a-arm to be. The best prices I have found are from NJ's link. One of my lower arms has been slightly bent for about two years but hasn't really affected anything.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DK, I looked up Jersey's web site and they were $30 cheaper PER A-ARM on his site. That's awsome. I'm going to order a couple even if I can straighten the ones that are bent it is good to have extras. Thanks Jersey.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No problem. I like to suggest them as much as I can. I wish I could get something back, but they deserve it.

I found them by doing a search about two years ago. I bought a few things from them to see how they were. Genuine Yamaha parts and the customer service is OUTSTANDING!!! I had to call once or twice to get clarifications on somethings and return something I bought that I didnt need. They couldnt have done more to make the experience easier.

It is rare that you find a business that has great prices on genuine parts (NOT cheap knock-offs)... but to have the service that goes along with it, I will never shop anywhere else.

OH, one more thing. They pretty much have everything. If you have problems locating something on their site, call. I was looking for Moose "hand guards" with no luck. It was listed under "handguards" and thats why I couldn't find them. They helped me out and bought them!

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts