Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was riding last night i hit a log and busted the bolt holes on my right floor board on my grizz. where can i get one from besides the dealer or ebay. i can't find one on ebay. i bought some gorilla glue to try and glue the bolt holes back on but i don't think it will work.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What does "busted the bolt holes" mean? I will assume that the metal supports that the bolts are screwed into are fine and the plastic floorboard pulled away from the bolts.

Here is my fix for this assumption. Auto parts sells thick rubber washers that are for battery terminals, these fit inside those plastic holes on the floorboard perfectly (snug). Then buy some fender washers that are larger than the plastic hole that the rubber washer fits into therefore larger than the rubber washer. Next thing you need is longer metric bolts of the same diameter as the original bolts that held the floorboard on. Once you have all of these items just put it together. Both of mine have been fixed like that since shortly after it was new.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that's what i was talking about that. thought about that idea longer bolt and washer but i am going to see if this gorilla glue will work if not i think i might zip tie it down. it is hard to find any deals on new plastic for this thing. my honda was easy to find new plastic for. i found a new floor board on line and they wanted like 60 something dollars for it plus shipping, that is crazy!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
dixieandbacon
I used a flat big washer (bigger than the floorboard hole) on a longer bolt and 5 smaller rubber roofing washers on the inside of the hole on all 4 holes on each side. Any glue will break on next impact, so trust me, go with the bolts.

At the same time place a bolt under each footrest, to raise the steel teeth, it helps to let your boot grip, if you use MX Boots!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i take it i am not the only one with this problem! yamaha could have designed something better. i put my honda through **** hit everthing with the floorboards never broke one i hit one little stick and break the one on my grizzly.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
(HONDA) There's no swearing on this site

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
dixieandbacon
check your frame!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I did the exact same this as Beast on mine. The stock bolts are weak. I broke all of them while trying to remove the floor boards.
Looks like a common problem.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Broke mine on A log and also did the same fix as beast and grizzfan and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can drill holes on each side of the suport and use 2 heavy duty zipties instead of the bolts. Worked for me, makes removal that much faster too. snip snip....

jonny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts