Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On impulse I bought a used 660 last night. Runs good everything seems to work ok. Has 3k miles. The oil was brand new and at very bottom of stick. Im guessing the guy changed oil and when he started it filled oil filter dropping level to bottom of stick. At least thats what I hope.

I have no idea what maint. has been done. Can you guys give me a list of important things to check?
Im changing oil and filter to yamalube this am. I will check diff oil and color. Boots look good. Will check air filter.
What else needs looking at?
Also I want to install a plow. What brand? How to connect? The griz has a warn winch already.
Thanks for help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coolant seems to be a neglected maintenance item. Drain and flush a few times with distilled water and a flush/cleaner if you want. My overflow tank was badly discolored and the radiator cap was bad. Easy fixes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coolant seems to be a neglected maintenance item. Drain and flush a few times with distilled water and a flush/cleaner if you want. My overflow tank was badly discolored and the radiator cap was bad. Easy fixes.
OK thanks, I would have missed that too.

So far I have changed engine oil and filter. Checked front/rear diff oil for color and level. Will change both tomorrow. Will also check belt tomorrow. Not sure if I will get to greasing rollers. Installed new air filter.

Things to fix are:

Leaking seal back of engine where shaft goes to rear diff (WHATS THAT SEAL CALLED?? Need to look up how to on utube)

Gas leak if I leave the fuel petcock on after shutting motor off. (floats or ???)

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK thanks, I would have missed that too.

So far I have changed engine oil and filter. Checked front/rear diff oil for color and level. Will change both tomorrow. Will also check belt tomorrow. Not sure if I will get to greasing rollers. Installed new air filter.

Things to fix are:

Leaking seal back of engine where shaft goes to rear diff (WHATS THAT SEAL CALLED?? Need to look up how to on utube)

Gas leak if I leave the fuel petcock on after shutting motor off. (floats or ???)
I have a 2000 600 Griz that leaked gas if peacock was left open. Had a heck of a time figuring it out. Hoses looked good and clamps were on properly- my culprit was the metal inlet line that goes into the carb pulled out when I went to change the line. I just bought a cheap carb rather than fiddling around with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts