Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new kodiak 450 05, last friday and the next day we went riding and this is how it looked after the ride, we went through lots of mud and a couple of rivers and the water was pretty high. here is a pic of the bike and beside it is my brothers grizzly (tindy)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Goin riding again this week hope to have some good pictures. happy and safe riding to you all. ps. one more pic

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
My wife rides a Kodiak and it is a great quad. Put on a set of radials and you will be amazed at the difference in the ride and the traction. Maxxis Bighorns are what we have on 2 of our quads and they are mighty fine!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
My wife rides a Kodiak and it is a great quad. Put on a set of radials and you will be amazed at the difference in the ride and the traction. Maxxis Bighorns are what we have on 2 of our quads and they are mighty fine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Grizzonator,
I been debating the Bighorns on my griz, you think they make a big improvement? Big thing, I need something for snow, and some mud, I do not go mud bogging mind you, but I do ride snow in the winter, have you had experience in the snow with these tires? thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Great pics will be waiting to see more :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Who makes those hand guards you have on the Kodiak? And where did you purchase them? They look nice, i am looking for a set for my Grizzly........Irv

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Irv, The hand guards are called "Powermadd" they have a web site powermadd.com My brother has them on his grizzly and they look sharp. There sold in 3 pieces and go for about 120.00 canadian The place I got it from is Royal Distributing they have a web site you can order online. Hope this help's you.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
$120.00 Bucks?? Whoa, that is steep!! Are they worth it in your opinion??..Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks little kodie, they do look nice nice now that i can see a better picture of them! I think i may just purchase a pair........Irv

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Bighorns in the snow are excellent for the question posted earlier. I have yet to chain up with them when I am using the snowplow unlike the chains I had to use with the stock tires.

·
Registered
270 Posts
These are the hand guards I bought for my Grizzly. I mainly got them for wind protection in the winter. They are thick tough plastic but have no metal support. They are made by Moose. I like them fine and they do the job. And they only cost $39. I read some things about people who dont like hand guards as they can trap your hand in a fall, but I figure a hard enough fall and these will break. Since I have them for wind and brush they are fine, I wouldn't expect to hit a tree trunk and be ok, but then again, if I am that close the the tree my hand is the last thing I have to worry about. I've run thru brush and branches with no problems.

http://www.mrcycles.com/eshopprod_cat_1555-8400-0_product_139703_keyword_handguards.Handguards_for_Yamaha_Models.htm

Jim

In this pic you can see them, but they are black and I have a black jacket on.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks GrizzNJ, they look pretty good as well! I know the price would be doubled up here in Canada. Not sure yet what i am going to buy? still looking...Irv

1 - 15 of 15 Posts