Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2002 griz and I am new to atving.I was wondering what everyone carries with them when you go off riding for the day.I could just wing it but I thought it would be best to draw on your expert opinions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Rod,

It appears you already have your grizz decked out with just going out for the day.

I would imagine you are going to get a lot of varing opinions, but I would recommend a cell phone.

I always carry mine, and depending where I go, I will also carry my H&K .40 cal, just encase.

That's my 0.02 worth.

Be safe and have fun.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Rod, I hual all kinds of things. My best purchase was a Co2 tire filler kit. It's small and fills tires up fast after I fix them with my tire plug kit. It's amazing how big a hole you can fix with with those tire plugs(look like 6" rubber strings) I once fixed a 2.5" sidewall slice on a friends quad with 3 of these. That tire was still holding air a year later. Plus it fills so fast it can help if you ever pop a bead and they're cheap to buy $20. Large and small zip ties fix everything. A few metric sockets, screwdrivers, vise grips, haywire, misc bolts and nuts, tow rope, small wire tester,tape, cell phone, gps and a first aid kit. I've even towed a Honda with a tire ripped off by zip tying it's rack to mine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i carry a small tool kit i put together,,compact but pretty complete,,,,tow strap,,,small sandwich bag of nuts,and bolts,,plumbers tape,,pretty much stuff to jerry rig something to get you or someone else home

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I carry,

12V Air Pump
Tyre repair kit
Asstd tools
Cable Ties
Tie Down
Tow Strap
Shackles
WD40
Super Glue
Fuses
Wire
Fire Extinguisher
Torch

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I need to carry more myself but so far I have the C02 tire repair kit like addicted has, I also carry a tow strap, first aid kit, some tools and a GPS that I haven't figured out yet! Where abouts in Port do you ride? Have you ridden in the pit just south of the Port Perry Snowmobile club?.......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I carry a cooler full of beer and a hand gun.
Did I say that out loud?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Irv,I have ridden in the pits on my wr400 but not the griz.since I just got it a week ago.The cops used to cruise by there alot but I havn't been there in a while.I wonder with the fairly new ATV riding laws if the cops will bother us riding around there .I ride on Scugog (8"-10" ice and 1"-3" snow) since it's across the street and in the ganny but I think the ganny is closed until the sled season is over .Have you seen the local clubs website?http://www.outbackatvclub.com/. They may have some more winter riding spots or club rides going on.If you are going on a ride up my way give me a shout.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
4x4, I have been riding there for years myself, I have only seen the cops out there a couple of times. My dad and I were riding this year on a Wednesday no less and we got stopped by 2 cops just before we hit Burketon, they checked all our credentials and said we were not the problem, they said it was the sport quads and dirt bikes that were ripping past those houses on Boundry Rd. in Burketon. I talked to Norm and Charlie about it and they said that we probably wouldn't see them again this year. We haven't. The Raglan pit area is quite busy on the week-ends with all kinds of motorized vehicles, you have to keep your head up that is for sure!
What new ATV laws are you talking about? I never heard of any? The Ganny is closed for the season and i don;t think you can ride there again until April or May? New rules this year. I have checked out outbackatv but I think the club has folded? I have e-mailed a couple of times and it says the web-site hasn't been up-dated in a while? Another site I use to frequent quite a bit was www.atvtime.com There was alot of locals on there before and probably they still are? I find now that it is alot of guys from western Ont. on there now.
I normally ride the Raglan pit area and ride over to Baldy/Test hill, I haven't been up to Port yet, is there any good riding areas up there?
Have you ridden in the NorthHumberland Forest? That is another great spot and no pass is needed like the Ganny. There is a rumor that the OFATV is trying to take that over? They want $170.00 a year for a permit and in my opinion they are just a bunch of money grabbers? I have e-mailed them and never get a reply to my questions? In atvtime there is a big post about the Northhumberland and a lot of guys feeling the same way about them as me. I am not apposed to joining a club, I just don't have good feel for these guy's? Sometime we will have to hook up for a ride, I don't know when I will be getting out again and usually when I go I take my 4 year old boy, he loves it. Check out my pics under the members heading at the top of my page, he is with me in almost all of them. Ride safe........Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
Irv,,,,dude you really need to learn to break messages that large up into sections,,,,lol,,,,the average person isnt going to sort through that mess,,,,,lol,,,,thats one big chunk of reading (i cant stop laughing,,,,my gut hurts)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Irv, The fairly new laws are from july 31 2003.while that is not "new" news the part where all of the counties,cities and townships are currently addressing the use of ATV's in their own area by passing or not passing by-laws allowing ATV's to ride on their road allowances. check out the ofatv site.They have all the details there.
-www.atvtime-graet site
-have not riden test hill or northhumberland forest
-nice pics ,I recognize a few of the locals
-Yeah, lets hook up for a ride sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts