Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my rollover in West Virginia I broke the toggle for my heated grips. While there, I had really wished that I bought the thumbwarmer. I ended up ditching all the old stuff for a new setup from Moose. It's the Moose ATV winter pak. Here's some pics. I couldn't get the picture to upload, so I linked them this way. It works great. The controller is nice because you can switch between the grips and the thumbwarmer and have 5 different heat settings. Much better than the old setup. Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I like that set up Doolin, mine are just High and Low which is ok, I just wish I had more settings like yours to fine tune them. Yamaha sleds have a dial like a thermostat for infinite adjustments, that would be the best in my opinion? I wonder if they would fit and work on the Grizz? I wish I had of thought of that before I bought the ones I have now!.........Irv

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the selection range too. I was glad my old set was broken and gave me the excuse to try this one out :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got symtec heated grips and some snow paws from parts unlimited for a chrismas present and put them on monday and let me tell you,I don't have to wear gloves any more.My hands stay toasty with the grips set on low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good! Anyone out there using the Prairie Dog type grips? I had a set given to me with no directions. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Squeak, glad to have another Canadian on board! Where abouts is Fort Smith, Canada? Sorry about the grips, I had mine installed and I am not ver good with electrical? Does the company have a website that you know off? Maybe do a google search? Good luck and oh yea, we need pics!........Irv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, Irv, how are things down in Oshawa? Fort Smith is a town of about 2500 and is situated right on the North East corner of the boarder between Alberta and the NWT. Great place for winter and summer fun. Figured out the grips myself as I had no luck online, etc. Just have to find a suitable power supply somewhere under the tank or front rack. I do not have any photos but will post some as soon as I take them. I have an 03 with 27" Mudlites.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Wow, your a long ways north! Must be pretty cold up there? A lot of guy's use their power outlet plug by the ignition key, seems to work well for them and it shuts off when the quad does........Irv

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the Prairie Dog grip heaters and they've been great. I like that they're bigger diameter than the stock grips though I suppose that depends on how big your hands are. The fully adjustable temp is nice too. You can take power from the power outlet and it will be fused already so you can just hook it up. Or you can run a wire from the battery to a relay under the front rack, have it switched by the ignition key and run all your accessories off it.

Tbone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts