Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering if anyone looks at this forum any more. I really like the idea behind it being a Grizzly forum but we either need to get more xposure or just need more people to be posting on here. Just a idea and my 2 cents. I still check it though about ever day.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Hey, sorry for the late reply... heck I run this site and got tired of checking it to see no new posts, so I missed yours.

I'm to the point of shutting the place down because nobody seems interested in having a site specifically for the Grizzly. I've posted about it on some of the other forums, but it hasn't gotten much response. The Rincon site is doing much better.

Rob

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob before you shut it down let me post it in a few forums that I belong too. Give it a little mor time. I really want it to take off. I 'll see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you ever tried posting it in the High Lifter forums under Yamaha. I was going to do it tonight but since they changed the format of the forums I can not post. Maybe that was the big update they were talking about, getting rid of me...lol. I have only posted over there in the last two years I think twice so can't be that.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
My account on the Highlifter site was disabled after I publically took issue with their moderators editing people's posts and changing the meaning of them, with no warning whatsoever.

Highlifter is a place to avoid if you ask me. EVERY time a vendor has run a forum, they have ended up being Nazis in terms of censorship. Highlifter won't allow any discussion of products that compete with their own. Their moderators will edit posts at their whim. And their customer service sucks royally. Everything I ever bought from them has been complete and utter crap, and they haven't stood by any of it.

So no, I haven't posted about this site there. Odds are VERY good they would delete the post.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
I check in three or four times a week,and yes it is moving slow in here but,it's also pretty new.I haven't really tried to promote this place as I thought that it would take off on it's own.I would say give it more time,as we know we ride a popular bike,and more will come on board soon. Mike

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys good to see the forum being used a little more. Lets keep it up and invite more. Don't cut us off yet Rob...LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I agree. It's awsome to see an all grizzly forum, I just think once everyone starts new threads more often, people will check to see what's new more often, if that makes sense. I am pleased with the info I gained from other topics, and posted two new topics yesterday that have yet to be responded to. I'm new at this (registered yesterday and traded my '03 rincon for my '04 grizzy a week ago) and I'm looking forward to sharing info with other owners of this truely amazing machine!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bluegrizz can I ask what made you want to trade your Rincon in on a Grizz. The reason I ask is because me and my wife used to have two Ranches and sold them and was thinking of buying a Rincon. Just wondering why you traded. We just purchased them in January and not really rode them yet. Everything aroungd me is closed for the winter, I'm dieing wanting to get some seat time on them though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll say this knowing that I'm among many die hard yami guys: I liked my rincon. lol. Now, when I bought my 'con (April '03) I was stuck between the grizz and the 'con. I simply tried honda first and was approved, so I left with my new rincon. I loved it. It was my first 4x4. (previous '00 banshee owner) It was simply a lack of features that quickly turned me away. First, the stock tires are great...if you plan on avoiding mud entirely. What big bore 4x4 owner can do that? I quickly swapped the ohitsu radials for a set of 26" titan 589's 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 rear. This brought about a new problem...power. The rincon feels strong until it's tested. I know many of you have 'wheeled in our missouri clay here. It's power robbing. On one occasion, a buddies arctic kitty was buried and had no winch. I had a good clay spot to pull from but the 650 and spungy tranny refused to muster the torque to remove him. (It wouldn't turn the tires) So, when people tell you the lack of low range is not a problem, they are either lying, or they are running stock meats. Second, the front "limited slip" diff should be dubbed "limited traction". In order to engage it I was constantly needing to hold the front brake. Now I don't know about you,but when I'm in a harry mudhole the last thing on my mind is applying any stopping device. Third, drum brakes on both front wheels. Are you kidding me... DRUM BRAKES!!!??? I actually did not even know this when I bought it, I simply assumed a $7600 machine would have disks on all corners. Well you know what they say about assumtions. The suspension is great! I hate to say it but, it maybe the only suspension system that I like better than the grizzlys. But for me it is balanced by the fact that the grizzly embarasses the rincons ground clearance (11.8" to 10"). So, bottom line is the rincon is a good machine, it simply is not geared at a rider like myself. Ride one and see what you think. If you get a chance, push it... thats when the flaws are exposed. You may like it. I do think it's overpriced. In my opinion the grizz is alot more machine for alot less money. Sorry for the lengthy reply, I hope it helps you in your decision. Good luck! -Clint
P.S. You may have misunderstood... you asked "why do you WANT to trade 'con for grizz" but I already have! I actually sold it to a buddy, so in the future I'll see them head to head. Love my grizzly so far.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks for the response Bluegrizz. About sounds like the same reasons I did not purchase the Rincon. All the same reasons I came up with and I did not even test drive one at the time. I was just reassuring myself that I made the right choice in buying the Grizz. Thanks again, now just wish my ridding areas by me will open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys,love this site. i have an 02 grizz and love it more then the old lady(lol)!!! i've be tring to get rid of the overheating problem for so time now.but i've finilly done it.I seen were some of you dont like highlifter but i'll tell you that the radiator they made for the grizz works great.i've be in mudholes that almost covered the set and i can ride all day without cleaning it.most of the time it cleans its self,the fan motor is powerful.I just wanted to let you all know how good it works. see-ya

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just wanted to say I've enjoyed the site so far. I have the link on my signature line for Tower City Riders and I'll post it whenever I get a chnace. We have quite a few Grizz riders up at Tower City so maybe it will push a few more over here.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep this site going as I check it daily. I live in Nova Scotia and enjoy hearing from you guys, plus I,ve gotten lots of information on my GRIZZ. It's a great place to get information and exchange ideas.Keep up the good work and happy trails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep this site going as I check it daily. I live in Nova Scotia and enjoy hearing from you guys, plus I,ve gotten lots of information on my GRIZZ. It's a great place to get information and exchange ideas.Keep up the good work and happy trails.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Keep it going - I am new to all this got my first (quad) grizzly less than a month ago and cannot find enough time to ride it. This forum has been the best place for info as I live in Spain and there are no many english speaking owners here. I look at site everyday. Good job well done!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dont shut this site down please!! This is one of the best places for information on my girzzly!! They guys on the Rincon side are very active because they are always complaining about lack of engine breaking, overheating issues, no low range, and they LOVE to talk about jetting...I think 1 out of 3 posts deals with jetting of some type or another LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts