Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need some advice. I am looking for a machine for 90% hunting/ trails etc and then some snow plowing. I have a chance to buy that rmax sxs but im kinda thinking a quad would be better. I cannot obviously find a grizzly as everything is out. But have found a 2021 Kodiak 700 SE model. I have read alot that the kodiak is more for work and grizzly is more for hunting and trails. Figured id ask here with all your guys knowledge. Is the kodiak still a good machine for hunting and some trail riding? Will I end up having regrets not waiting for a grizzly? Unfortunately im looking right now as I have hunts soon. If the kodiak is still a good rig id do it but wanted to check here first.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone I need some advice. I am looking for a machine for 90% hunting/ trails etc and then some snow plowing. I have a chance to buy that rmax sxs but im kinda thinking a quad would be better. I cannot obviously find a grizzly as everything is out. But have found a 2021 Kodiak 700 SE model. I have read alot that the kodiak is more for work and grizzly is more for hunting and trails. Figured id ask here with all your guys knowledge. Is the kodiak still a good machine for hunting and some trail riding? Will I end up having regrets not waiting for a grizzly? Im also 5'11 so not sure if one is better for size over other. Unfortunately im looking right now as I have hunts soon. If the kodiak is still a good rig id do it but wanted to check here first.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been around the block lots of times I'm my 70 years and I would seem to think that basically all models would be as good as any. Only problem would be is so many people out of work with cover a lot of new employees may not be on the top of their game. My grandpa told me when I was buying my first new car was to never buy a vehicle that was built on a Friday or a Monday- when I asked him why he said on Friday they knew the weekend was coming and it would be PARTY TIME.. When I asked about Monday's he said that they would be sick and hung over from to much party time. In any event I think that both are fine machines- just remember that oil is cheap and service it regularly. Oh and don't beat it to death. Flip a coin on which machine you end up and stay safe and happy riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts