Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a source for aftermarket or a deal on all new plastic for grizzlys????

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have never heard of aftermarket plastics? Doesn't mean it doesn't exist but I am guessing there wouldn't be much of a market for it so you are probably limited to Yamaha? Try E-bay? Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx i thought there might be someone , i will try ebay

·
Registered
462 Posts
ebay always has plastics,otherwise you have to buy factory replacment,,,i searched and searched for aftermarket and couldnt find any

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
and the prices of new plastic from a dealer isn't pretty....I know that...that's why I kept my scratched up and gouged plastic after my flip...I figured I could make it pretty again and wait for it to be scratched again or proudly show off my war wounds of riding and have a story to tell...I'd still prefer to not have flipped though...LOL!

Dawn

·
Registered
462 Posts
thats what i say Dawn,its a 4-wheeler,its supposed to get scratched

how much fun are you going to have if your constantly worried about scratches,,,,we blaze new trails all of the time,we have to,its nothing but hills and shale here,and erosion constantly makes you change the course of a trail,,,,the only thing that concerns me when blazing new trails are the CV boots

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trust me , I aint worried about some little ole scatch!!! all of my plastic is being held together by rivets and small pieces of sheetmetal. Down in south Georgia we dont have wide open spaces or mountains , we have thick woods and deep mud , scatches , who the **** would worry about a **** scatch

·
Registered
29 Posts
You could try to use one of those plastic welding kits.I have only seen ads for them in the mags but it might be worth a try if you have all the pieces .You could also find a shop that does that type of repair,Just a thought

·
Registered
382 Posts
just ran across this auction for the rear fenders on eBay:
Yamaha Grizzly 660 Rear Fender Black auction # 4616084130
dont know if you're still looking or not.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got new/ used rear fenders (new to me ) thanks for the help.found them at a local insurance salvage yard ...75.00 bucks.... if it was not so hard to change out i would get every color for that price

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Glad to hear you made out OK GG, that sounds like a great price for sure. I have never had my fenders off but I was thinking of stripping the Grizz down to get in there and check, clean, oil, grease everything up? Are they that difficult to get off and back on? What's the biggest concern?........Irv

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
other than me haveing fatboy hands and big fingers it was not a problem , i had a small handed friend help with the wireing and relays little tight for me.. and the extras i have, rack ext and snorkel made it a little time consuming if it were stock no problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts