Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Just installed new power tip on my 06'. And i love the way this looks, but the sound is a Must to Hear... I even think I have gained a little power from it. I left the spark arrester off. Here are some pics...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also added a RAM system, to hold a GPS and Drink holder. Works perfectly.. Another must... Some more pics...

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
OK I've read all the threads about the power tip. Rejet / don't rejet, add K&N / don't bother with K&N. Is it just a matter of opinion or is there a ultimate right or wrong. I just ordered the power tip off e-bay today. Also I spent a couple of hours installing the 2" ( ha-ha ) lift kit from extreme atv today. I gained about one inch at best but the handling does seem improved although tomorrow in the mud will tell the tale.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cowchip, I bought it off e-bay, for 41.00 bucks or so. Not sure the name of the seller, but it was a buy now sale. Go to ebay, under 660 grizzly. You should see it there...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TJ10EC, I read all those threads my self, I have not re-jetted, and dont know if i will. I did notice some power gain. But the way it sounds is unbelieveable.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
By your description and pictures, that is the same one I ordered today. I don't think I 'll rejet unless a problem arises, whatever that would be I am not sure. I like your cup holder , if you dont mind where did you pick that up?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I just put the exact same one on mine last week, it does sound great! I don't know if I gained any power though? I had my boy with me so I didn't get the chance to really check it out. It does sound awesome and one thing I noticed is when you shut your bike off, it just quits, not any sort of burp or fart from the exhaust. Check your local state Laws firelab, your spark arrestor just may be required? I know where I live it is and it can be a hefty fine without one. I don't want the responsibility of burning down one of my riding areas either........Irv

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear ya. No state laws around here for spark arresters. Also got the GPS and cup holder through Bass Pro....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts