Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new grizz... i love the machine but want to keep it in good condition maintences wise. I can change the oil my self. What other steps should I take to keep it in like new condition? Oh yea and is there anything I should keep in mind with the new 05 grizz? problems that have occured? Issues I should address?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have posted two messages and neither have shown up its been a week. Iam new also what am I doing wrong? Welcome I 2 have an o5 red se modle and the only thing ive noticed going through deep mud is to check both fill hoses and relize that these things can go anywhere most of the time in just 2 wheel drive. So much fun

·
Registered
462 Posts
welcome to the forum,and congrats on the bike

there are some grease fittings you need to hit,they are easier to get to by removing the wheel

pledge furniture polish works great for the plastic,but you must spray it on a soft rag,and then use the rag to wipe/shine the bike,dont spray it directly on the plastic,because it will not coat as even,and will look splotchy

i broke mine in like i was planning to ride it from the moment i got it home,,,,,i did change the fluid after my first hard day of riding,and more often than i needed to for a bit,until i figured it was time

i havnt had any problems that wernt caused by me(holds head low),but mine is a bit cold natured in the winter,and i see you are in some pretty cold country there in Minn,you might think about a block heater,and the "ice" anti freeze as well,i'm told grizz's are cold natured beasts(not just mine)

other than that just normal stuff like keep the air filter,and air box clean

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Congrats on the new quad Bhunter 650, One thing that a lot of people told me when i purchased mine was to put dielectric grease on all your electrical connections especially the front diff servo's. I put it everywhere, battery, fuses, servo's plugs under the front rack etc. Be carefull pulling them apart, some tabs can break pretty easily! You will only find 4 grease fittings and they are on the back wheels, just go through the slots on the wheels to hit them, no need to remove the wheels. Change your oil and filter before 20 hrs, wait until about 40 hrs or 500 miles on your diffs before switching to synthetic. ( i use amsoil in the engine and diffs) Just follow your owners manual and check everything over real good(loose bolts etc) I broke mine in like the owners manual says but some guy's break them in hard? Each to their own. One thing that is real important is to let the engine cool about 10 to 15 minutes after every hour of use. I use Plexus for my plastic, it polishes and protects pretty good! Keep the air filter clean especially if your riding in dusty areas and make sure it is oiled well. Make sure you wash your rad out well if you are riding in the mud, go in through the front and back side. Be very careful of pressure washers, you don't want to blast anything too hard especially the rad! Enjoy your new Grizz, they are an awesome quad and the best there is in my opinion.......Irv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help. I changed the oil at 10 hrs. and had the first factory maint. check. They told me the valves needed a little adjustment and all the other things. Well they gave me a complete check list of the whole quad. Love the machine. My first.. To tell a little story... The olny way I got the thing is to give somthing up. After 15 honest 15yrs smoking I made a deal with the girl that if I quit I get a quad. One of the hardest things I have done but now I had a toy for a life time. She didn't believe me at first so I quit for a month and then picked the quad up. Believe it or not I am saving money by buying the quad. Cig prices are through the roof. A pack a day for 365.. thats a good payment on a quad. So it's my baby... And want to keep it like new for as long as possible. I just picked it up tonight and had to ride it in the rain. Good times.... I would go through quitting cigs again in a heart beat. Thanks again for the help. Any other advise is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
MikeC, BH650,

Welcome to the site lads. BH650 good on you for giving up the cigs mate.

I reckon you will love these machines they are awesome.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Welcom to the site and glad to hear you like the grizz.

Just follow the owners manual and you should not go wrong, oh and if you are going to do some things yourself you might want to pick up a service manual on disk through e-bay or something. For what they cost its not a real bad thing to have.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts