Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this makes the 4th set of tires and 3rd set of rims counting my stock tires and wheels that I've had on my Grizz. I better like these. Hopefully I'll get to test them soon. They're 25" Maxxis Bighorns on Type 7 ITP's.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Man they look good!!!!

I want me a set of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Eh.... Koko, those 25" atr's, don't look finished yet (or don't you wait to see the white canvas come out?)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA! Yeah they're not even close to finished. I just can't stand them. To their credit, they ride good and traction has never been a problem. But they are too puncture prone and wear quickly.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Koko,

They look great, I really like those rims.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Noel,

Have you installed a clutch kit for your 26" tyres???

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hi Beast,

Not yet mate,

I am just going through the posts now, looks like I will go with the EPI sport utility kit. I am having trouble getting one over here at the moment.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
did you feel the loss in power with the change to 26"?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Yeah but only a slight difference, I still break traction easy enough just not as kicka$$ as it was before.

I just read the other posts about you and Irv coming a gutsa, glad you lads walked away.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I felt a pretty sizable difference when I went to 26's. Nothing a dalton clutch kit wouldn't have fixed. But I didn't want to mess with clutch's for less than half an inch of ground clearance. Thats why I went back to 25's. A friend of mine just put on 26" XTR's and he's getting a clutch kit installed now as we speak after riding without for a month.

·
Registered
50 Posts
doolin64,

I,ve got aroung 2,000 miles on my bighorns now and they show very little wear.
I think you'll be very happy if your looking for good riding all around tire.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love those Wheels and Tires. I was looking for the offset of the ITP but did not want all of the shiney surface (Shiny and camo don't go too well together) I love the offset and the tires.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice choice DGR. Great minds think alike. Wish I got camo to begin with. Then our quads would be twins. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts