Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished getting my temp gauge installed. I installed it just above the shifter in the fender on the left side. Pretty simple to install. I let the grizz idle for a few minutes to warm up, and it settled in at around 180 degrees. I made a few laps around the yard, and the fan kicked on and off a few times, but it never seemed to gett hotter than about 195 degrees. Not sure what the temp sensor for the fan is set at as far as the cut-ou/cut-in but it seems to e working properly. Nice to have some peace of mind.

Cost about $90.00 US with shipping off of e-bay.

·
Registered
462 Posts
sparky,,,i put the sender on mine on the discharge side of the engine (right side of the bike)

its just a billit aluminum Tee that splices into the hoser,and the sender screws into it

i put my gauge on the handle bars to keep it out of the mud,and its always staring me in the face,,,pic in profile

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like where you mounted the gauge. Well protected and easy to read. Is it the same as the highlifter gauge? I am installing the highlifter rad and am going to get the same gauge. Mostly to see before and after temps to see how much of a differnce the rad kit made.

·
Registered
462 Posts
mine is the high lifter,,,,i think the gauges for sale on ebay are for all intensive purposes exactly the same with the exception of the face plate,,,the back light on mine is pretty cool to,like a cherry red at night with the lights on

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mounted the sending unit about 3 inches down the radiator Hose from where it exits the bike. You do have to remove about 1 1/2" of hose to allow for the sending unit

·
Registered
462 Posts
exit the engine,or exit the radiater?

because you want it on the discharge side of the motor to give an accurate measurment of the engine temp

if you put it on the exit side of the radiater you would be measuring water temp after its been cooled

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess that I shoud of clarified it. I Installed it where it exits the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts