Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it, I bought a used set of ITP 589's and ITP type 4 wheels today for $500.00 bucks out the door. The tires seem to only have slight wear? I couldn't compare them to new ones but they look in really good shape, lots of tread left and no punctures/patches. The wheels are in really nice shape as well, only one has a slight scrape. The tires are 27-9-12's and 27-11-12's. Does this sound like a pretty decent deal? The tires brand new would have cost me over $600.00 with taxes alone. Now I am thinking I will probably have to put a clutch kit in and probably over fenders for sure. Well no more Kenda Bearclaw talk from me I guess?........Irv

·
Registered
11 Posts
not bad for the tires and wheels. those tires are real good in all terrain. also, the 27's shouldn't need any lift unless you want one. if the overflares are out of budget then put the 589's on your stock wheels and they will do great!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats Irv. As soon as you put them on snap a photo and post it. I think the overfenders look sharp, You can NEVER have enough accessories.

·
Registered
162 Posts
good for you ...congrats

·
Registered
27 Posts
Irv, I would deffinitly put a clutch kit in that thing now. I put 26" MudLites on mine and felt a power loss. You will loose even more than I did with those 589's(bigger and heavier). I then put a E.P.I. sport\utility clutch kit in and I love it. Feels just like it did with stock tires or maybe even alittle better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Irv you will love the 589's I ride with a guy who's put alot of miles on his and they seem to be holding up well. I just put a clutch in mine after going to the 27" tires, to soon for a update. I did have slight rubbing on the back tires when going over bumps at speed. nothing 5 min. with the cutoff tool could not fix. enjoy walt

·
Registered
256 Posts
You finally made them move eh Irv!
Congrats. You'll notice a BIG difference in mud and snow vs. stock tires. But you definitaly need the clutch kit

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the congrats guys, did you ever think I was going to buy any or just talk about them for ever? Yea, I was figuring I would need a clutch kit, I think I will get the Dalton clutch kit? A couple of guys I deal with recommend that one. They say it is about $125.00 Canadian installed? I have to purchase the Grizz Grease from Yamaha too. I will probably try them out first(tires) and then decide. I measured the tires this morning and they barely measured 26"s? I haven't checked the air pressure yet though. I am also waiting for the lugs and caps to come in, they didn't come with the deal? Hopefully tomorrow then I can take it for a spin and try them out. Probably going to be a while with the pics, I don't have a digital camera.......Irv

·
Registered
382 Posts
find out what kinda camera CG uses Irv, he carries it everywhere and takes great pics...me I have a Sony DSC F717, it was $1000 new but that was about 4 years ago...takes awesome pics but its not very compact.

PS congrats on your upgrade!

·
Registered
162 Posts
buy a disposable camera, take to wall mart or pharmacy and have them put on a disc then upload..about 10 bucks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to get a good digital camera, have you seen Mikegrizzlie's pics Those were the clearest pics I have seen on a website! I seen some other pics he has on another forum(can't remember) and they are like looking at a magazine! I am looking at the Pentax something or other, it is small and water proof up to a metre deep(3feet) It is still about $350.00 bucks so I might be waiting a while yet?..........Irv

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey congrats on the wheels and tires. i might have someone interested in my suzuki... so im to get rid of that thing... but anyhoo i gotta jet to town again and take my mom's car into the ford dealer(2000 taurus SE 4 door to get a recall done of the front shock shields.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts