Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, my name is Sam Buchkovich. i just recently found this forum then my modem died on my pc. i live in Windber Pa which is near Johnstown Pa.

let me tell you all a little story about myself from when i first bought my grizzly.

after unloading my new 03 grizz off the back of the pickup i took it up the truck road and decided i was going to do a doghnut. well i wasnt used to the rear independant suspension at all due to never being on on with it before. well it was setup really soft from the factory. anyway, about 3/4 of the way around in this doghnut the right rear tire caught traction and stood the grizz straight up on that rear tire and the slammed it down on its side tearing my rotator cuff in my shoulder. i owned the grizz for about ten minutes off the truck when this happened. i road without being able to use my right arm all the way up till my arm healed, thank god my hand still worked, i had to lift my right arm up to the handle bars with my left.

i guess what i am trying to say is i really love my grizzly, and, I RIDE IT LIKE I STOLE IT!

i look forward to riding with some of you local guys. i saw some that were fairly close to me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
welcome Sam,,,,yea the ole Grizz isnt much of a doughnut machine,lol

i rode half the summer with a busted knee,so i know where your coming from,,,my buddys ole lady has a 500 Scrambler,and they said it wouldnt pull a wheel,,,they told me to try it after they assured me it wouldnt pull one,,,,,well i shifted my weight towards the rear of the seat,and nailed it,,,,it just started to pull forward,and i remember thinking they were right,and the thing spun up,and the front sprung up so fast it stood the bike up on the rear grab bar and the rear tires,,,,with me on my back,lol,i though the bike was gonna come all the way back on me so i went to push the bike away from me,and i wasnt positioned right,and tore something in my knee,,,,still hurts if i twist it wrong

im gett'n me a Scrammy this spring

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome Rhino-stomper, quite a story, good thing you weren't hurt too bad! I haven't tried any donuts with mine yet and I don't think I will now! Thanks. You will love the site, lots of great people on here and it is getting bigger every day!...........Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome Stomper. The Grizzly can bite you if you aren't paying attention. I would say 10 minutes is a little soon to start testing the limits of a new quad. Glad you weren't hurt too bad. I know about rotator cuffs, they take for ever to heal.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Welcome Stomper,

I love a Grizz donut, but yeah they can put you on your ar$e in half a second if you don't keep an eye on it. I put mine on its side once a while ago I was lucky enough to get out of the way.

Enjoy the site.

Cheers Noel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts