Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Fellow Grizzly owners.

Own a 2002 Grizzly, all mods are in my Sig. Got 2100 miles on my Grizz with just under 200 hours. Mostly ride river over here in my corner of Iowa. Not to much mud, kind of have to look for it. When I do find it I love to rip it up.

Expect to see me around, Looks like this site has alot to offer.

Later All.

IowaGrizz

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome.... I live in NJ, but I am actually in Ames, IA this month visiting the wife while I am out of work injured. I dont know where Le Mars is. I wish I had my Grizzly out here with me, but I couldn't ride it right now anyway. Good luck.

Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I read your post about what we do. Welcome to Iowa!

So were you injuried in the line of duty?

I was a Deputy in Grundy Co. which is one county east and one north of that, from there. Just north of Marshalltown, which is east of you.

Thanks for the welcome, yea Le Mars is up in the northwest corner of Iowa here. My Grizzly is down right now, got ripped CV boot, did it riding the local river. Didn't know my CV cover got ripped off then the next log I crawled over was the loss of my boot. :( Oh well jsut forsed me to service the Grizzly.

Talk to you later on the forum.

:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
No, I wasn't injured at work... nothing exciting, I just fell and dislocated the thumb. Tore the ligaments and needed surgery.

I just met a guy tonight in the apartment complex said he was from Le Mars... small world.. his name was Seth something and is an ISU student here in Ames. Not sure how small a town it is... probably not enough info.

Anyway, sucks about the grant expiring for the deputy job... it is a great job. I actually miss work. Can't wait to get back in the beginning of September.

Later.

Jim

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome IowaGrizz660, you got that right, this is a great site with lots of good people willing to help out their fellow Grizz riders. I am fairly new to Quading and this site is a great help with my new Grizz (first quad)......Irv

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't believe I just found this place. I've owned mine since new in Sept of 2002, and I've been on the iterenet ever since being on the forums. Mostly I'm at Highlifter, and Grizzlyinfo.com. Good sites, I think I'll hang out here and read some older post see what all has happened in here.

Grizzly NJ- Yea, its one job I extremely miss. Here in Iowa, once you've been to the acadamy its only good for one year. So I'm no longer certified in Iowa, and with alot of guys and gals that are from all over Iowa its hard to get back in, cause if a town or sheriffs office hires you then they dont have to spend the money to recertify you. Here in Iowa the department pays for your acadamy, in like Mo, and Mn you can pay to get certified, little different and everone and your mother is certified. :)

Le Mars is about 10,000 people so I doubt I now him, but you never know! :)

Also thought I'd show my other passion. I love drag racing and I'm on a Top Alcohol Drag Team.

Later

Robert

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres a few pics of our teams car. National and Divisonal Champs last year. Never done before is this class. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[No message]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Awesome pics IowaGrizz660, when it comes to cars, drag racing is my passion as well!! I loved drag racing, fast cars ever since i can remember? I built a pro street car back in 1989 and had a blast building it. My buddy has a 67 camaro ss with a tunnel ram etc that i cruise with, we do a lot of car shows and check out some late night drags once in a while. I haven't been able to watch the NHRA ever since my dish went down but a sports network up here shows them periodically, though they are repeats it is still awesome to watch. Do you guys ever come up to Grand bend or Cayugua? They are in southern Ontario, Canada. Pretty far for me to travel but i have been to Cayugua a couple of times. Mosport Park as been teasing the **** out of us for a few years with talk of a drag strip but nothing yet? Anyways good luck with the rest of your season! Hope you do well..........Irv

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no we dont get to Canada. The closest to Canada would be Brainerd Mn and Chicago.

We won this weekend, and it was some close racing. All three eliminator races were won within 4 thousands of a second. Absolutaly some close racing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one more

Thought this was kind of a neat pic

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Congratulations on your win! Man you are a lucky guy! I would love to do that. That is why i love drag racing, very close and you never know who is going to win? What kind of E.T's do you run and what is you best E.T. and speed? What big names are you guys going up against? Thanks for the pics, keep them coming!...Irv

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are the big guys in the class! :) We won the nationals and Divisionals last year. This weekend was just divisional points race. This coming weekend we are in Mn for a National race. So people like John Force, etc will be there.

Depending on elevation and weather depends how the car runs. On a good day in Chicago we will run 5.60's and 240-250's mph.

This weekend we ran 2- 5.95's, 3- 5.96's, 1- 6.00. Mostly because of the heat and humidity was bad.

We run against guys like, Moats, Payne, Newberry, Williams, Manzo, etc. All good drivers and some of the best in there divisions.

Oh, and no I'm not the driver. When the car is being towed thats when I get to driver the car. And that will be the closest I'll ever get to driving it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What a great Web-site. You administraters should be proud ! As a new owner of a '05 this site will be a good resourse for info since I do alot of work on my machines myself. Thanks. Doug.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome aboard Paiute Trail 1, yes, this is an awsome site! Lots of good info and good people willing to help out how ever they can. Your log in name, is that a trail in Indiana?.........Irv

1 - 18 of 18 Posts