Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I broke down and upgraded from an 04 to an 06 toyhauler. Taking it this weekend for first trip...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dam! nice trailer. How does your 1/2 ton pull it? I am going to be buying a 14' enclosed double axle trailer and was worried my 1/2 ton dodge would struggle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a new 2500 with the cummins in it. I put helper springs on it although I wouldn't of had too. Pulls great as I was at 70-75 running the highway and and couldn't tell it was behind me on the 60 mile trip from the dealer....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
black954 if you look at my profile the 04 toyhauler in it...I pulled it with a 98 dodge 1/2 ton before I bought the new one. I pulled it from WV to FL when I moved down with no problem at all. It was a 25ft and would caryy 3 4whlrs in it

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
NICE, just wipin' drool off the keyboard.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Nice looking trailer Floridagrizz!! That looks like a 35' to 40' footer? Tri axle to boot. Is it one of those trailer where the back opens up for your toys? Congratulations, that trailer is sweet..........Irv

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, yes Irv it is 38ft . This one also has a seperate garage in rear with a workshop. It will hold 4 4whlrs without piggybacking. The grizz,Kodiak and 2 honda 400's

·
Registered
339 Posts
cummins diesel and the allison 6 speed automatic transmission..that is a sweet set-up.

Friend of mine has one and he gets about 19 mpg on the road empty and about 13 mpg when towing. And he says the same thing can't even feel the trailer behind the truck on the highway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That really is an awesome trailer/home, we do not get those here in europe (not sure if they are too big for our roads or what? I would really like one! What is the make and do they have a website. I'm really envious, all we have here is caravans or motorhomes and the good motorhomes are close to $150,000!!!!

best of luck with your new toy
GrizzlySpain

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
All I have to say is **** that thing is huge. Very sweet set up between the both have to have the head a little high when hauling down the road with that :) Sweet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again to all.GRIZZLYSPAIN the website is crossroadsrv.com then the cross terrain, they are new to the arena but seem to have their finger on the pulse of what people want...
DKNARND I bought the cummins in Dec and am very happy with the MPG, especially while towing.

XTREMEGRIZZ yea It does make you want to smile, however I've been brought down to earth before and just enjoy what I can control..

As I have stated in an earlier post I'm towing to Hatfield n McCoy trails in WV the week of May 22nd thru Memorial weekend and will be camping at Bigearlscampground.com. We are having a turkey and pig roast the Saturday before memorial day and anyone that can come please do.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
nice home ill bet the two okie's could get that rockin

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
somehow I knew us okies would get brought into this one,,, lol,,,,, ,, hey floridagrizz,,, great lookin setup,,,, I just got a 06 3500 with the cummins and a six speed,,,, I really like it so far,,,, but it is set up for work instead of play,,, but It still cleans up and looks good too,,,,, ,,, ,,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea countrygrizz I've saw yours on here and its a great looking rig.... If I had known then what I no now I would of bought the 3500 instead of the 2500, however after adding helper springs it rides good and the cummins has plenty of power to pull...Thanks for the compliments and yea bobmmor I'll bet they could rock it......

·
Registered
234 Posts
sweet ride and hauler there floridagrizz, i know from experience that the crossroads equipment is very good quality stuff. i am an rv technician and have had my hands deep into there stuff. congrats and enjoy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Grizzlyspain,.glad to here from an RV tech. Crossroads sure seems to have their finger on the pulse as to what people are wanting in the toy haulers. This one they had ordered for a RV show and had every option available...Also welcome to the site.I guess i know who to ask for advice on it ......

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah ask away, any questions jus' ask, im glad to help when i can. id offer my services to ya BUT im thinking that might be tad hard considering the distance. HEHEHE

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Jeez,

You Lads get all the good stuff. That is an awesome looking setup Floridagrizz.

Have you got any pics of the internal layout?

CG,

Your rig is lookinhg pretty good, I like the trailer, is it a tipper?

Cheers Noel

1 - 20 of 35 Posts