Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just found this Forum and it's like waking up on Christmas morning. I can't wait to go through all the different threads.
I'm from N. Dakota but currently in Afghanistan. I suppose I have about 14 months to go here. No, I'm not in the military but I did my time, 22 years in the Air Force. Now I'm a civilian contractor doing the same job I did for Uncle SAM only I'm getting paid a whole lot more.
We have 2 grizzlies, a 04 in wetland and a 05 in hardwood. I bought the 05 because my wife claimed the 04 while I was over here. I'll post some pics after my break in August.
The big thing I'm looking forward to is trying out my tracks. It's tough to ride in the winter in N. Dakota because the snow drifts get too deep and I'm not a snowmobile fan. The tracks should get me in a whole new world of trouble.
I'm looking forward to sharing some info. See ya.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
welcome aboard starky,,,,, I agree with you on your view of the site,,, tons of information here,, I think I have read everything a couple of times and still find usefull info,,, kinda like haveing a bunch of grizzly owners in the same house,,, later,,, cg

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey Starky welcome aboard. I too agree its great having all of us Grizzly owners here willing to help each other and always ready to discuss new ideas or just even share our pictures with each other.

Mike

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Welcome aboard Starky,

Don't be shy about asking questions mate. I am sure we are all only to happy to offer up advice and tips.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's guys, I'm looking forward to sharing.

Noel, I heard you are a bow hunter. Ever get to hunt for emu. We raise them so when it comes time to butcher some I get up on the roof of the garage with my bow. Brings a whole new light to 3-D shooting.

For anyone who thinks that's bad, immagine cutting the head off of a 125 lb chicken with claws like a black bear. They can be deadly when they are thrashing around. Shooting them with an arrow is the most humane way of putting them down.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
cool,,,, I want a pic of you decked out in full camo on the roof,,,,, maybe sneeking by the chimney on your hands and knees trying for that once in a lifetime shot,,,, lol,,,,, I also bow hunt,,, whitetail deer,,,,, got one in 98 with the softail springer, but wasnt actually hunting at the time,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Starky,

Mate that is the funniest thing I have heard all day!!!!!!!!

(For anyone who thinks that's bad, immagine cutting the head off of a 125 lb chicken with claws like a black bear. They can be deadly when they are thrashing around.)

The emus are protected in Australia (our national bird and all that). It is odd though everywhere you go the farmers are complaining about the cost of the critters running amok.

Glad you got to walk away from that one CG.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
34 Posts
i'm a 200lb chicken

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome aboard Starky, i agree, this site is awesome! The guys on here have helped me out numerous times as i am fairly new to ATV's. Only 18.5 hrs on my 05 Grizz S.E.? Should be 28hrs or more real soon? Work safe over there!...Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Irv, It's nice to have a Grizzly specific forum. This way you don't have a bunch of Blaster riders giving you advise on something they know nothing about.
I've got about 200 hours on the Griz, but I've been riding 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers and dirt bikes for ever.
So when does everyone come back to the forum. It looks like everyone quit posting around April or so. I guess they're all out riding.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sometimes this site is busy and sometimes pretty quiet? My guess is because we all drive Yamaha Grizzlies, not much goes wrong with them! Summer time now too so everybody, including myself is probably vacationing and riding their Grizzlies. I am heading down to the cottage at Rice lake soon to do some R&R and riding and then the week after that we are heading to my sisters cottage up North in Norland to do some more of the above! Can't wait, should be a great couple of weeks? We just got back from the Sandbanks Provincial park near Picton but i didn't take the Grizz, way too much stuff to haul and no room for it. Weather was awesome, did alot of fishing and tubing and a fair bit of partying! I need a couple days of rest now LOL. Anyways i guess i won't be on this site for a while either? Stay safe Starky and don't work too hard!........Irv

1 - 12 of 12 Posts