Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We go for night rides 50% of the time when we ride here. We also love night rides especially during the winter months. When the snow is covering the ground and the moon is out, we all turn our lights off and do what we call "moon riding". The trail is completely illuminated from the moon's reflection and it's so **** cool to ride like that. Has anyone in here ever do that or is it just us crazy New Englanders? I realize a lot of you guys are from down south, but I was wondering if anyone has ever ridden like that. We go for many many miles at night with no lights whatsoever "moon riding" and what a blast! I tell my wife what we do and she says,"you guys are nuts!" She still cannot comprehend how we go riding in the dead of winter on a 25 degree night in February, neverless riding with no lights on! God I love this sport..

·
Registered
289 Posts
We did that for years with the snowmobiles, before the tourists found out about our area, now its not safe to ride the trails anymore.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, we actually took it a step further and play hide-n-seek in 300 acres behind my dads house. We usually dont use our lights if you are the one hiding...the seeker can use them as much as they want...only rules are you can't turn off the engine and to "tag" them you must get within a few feet of each other...its REALLY fun!!!

Me and my brother and a friend would do this for hours at night...we only had one incident and it was because my brothers friend found a HUGE hole in the treeline and it had the honda 300 4x4 sitting on the front rack and him sitting on the handlebars like it was a bicycle...needless to say that event hurt his umm.....well.....pride LOL

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We also play a game here on the ice with our machines, "barrel hockey", we take a 30 gallon plastic barrel w/lid on and we use that for the "puck". Two teams, two goals, and we play hockey! we hit the bucket with our bumpers or front tires and try to score a goal by pushing the bucket along the ice toward the goal. What a blast we have doing this! Hurry up winter! LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
We love riding in the winter no one on the beach at our cottage. Its great opening it up on the long straight away every once and a while a snowmobile will pass and look at us weird.You have to stop every once and a while to run inside and warm up.Thank god for our winch it helps to get us out of deep snow. This bike is deffinitly an all season ATV. lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
hea blue, your not alone with the night riding and (moon riding). its tough to moon ride up here now due to all the sleds on the sleds.

but the more i think about it, i guess the percentage would be around 50 percent of day to night riding.

good topic...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have a set of night vison goggles. Makes riding at night extremly cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts