Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was hoping to come here today and post some great new pics of our ride today but unfortunately it was cut short. About 8 miles into the ride, we got stuck at one small hill. While my friend Joe was helping to push up one of the other riders on a smaller Timberwolf, the quad flipped backwards. As it did, Joe tried to keep it off of Cheryl who was riding, which he did. He wasn't able to get fully out of the way though and it landed on his lower left leg. He immediately said he though he broke it and now we had to get him out. We put him on the Foreman to ride out becuase it was an automatic (he has a Wolverine). He was able to ride back to a quarry we had passed about a mile back and then to the main road. I called one of my friend's on the local police dept and they came with an ambulance for him. He was in alot of pain by that time. They took him to the trauma hospital and I just found out that he broke both his fibia and tibia and he is in surgery right now to put a plate or something in. I am sure he will be ok, but we all feel terrible this happened.

A nasty reminder for everyone here to be careful and don't take our rides for granted. We are just thankful it was the smallest quad and not on of the Grizzlys and also that we weren't at the top of that mountain yet. We were lucky it was a relatively short ride to the nearest road.

Be safe...

Jim

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Glad to here though that was all that happend to him and he is going to be ok. I wish him a speedy recovery and to look foward to riding again. Just have to chalk this one up and learn something from it.

We all need to remember to be careful and always respect our machines.

Mike

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sorry to hear that GrizzNJ!! Glad to hear he will be alright, he will be a while getting better from this one though! Nephew did the same thing skiing. Not fun at all. Good thing like you said you weren't to far into your ride, could have been alot worse!! Wish him well for me........Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the accident and hope your mate comes good soon.

Noel

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a pic of the quad about 5 minutes before our accident. As you can see, it was such a little nothing hill that none of us took a second thought about it. It was just the snow that bogged her down.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my friend Ryan slowly making his way up another hill. This hill and then one more after the accident and we would have been near the top of the mountain and all downhill from there. Oh well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is Joe and I on the accident hill. Joe and I made it up and then Joe went to help Cheryl and crack... I went to see him today at home and he is doing OK. I asked him but he wasn't up for a ride this weekend. I told him not to be such a baby.. haha.

I asked him if he thought about getting back on yet and he said that it technically wasn't a riding accident, since he wasn't on his quad, so he doesnt think he'll have any reservations about going again.

I am taking the next two weekends off since my wife is coming home for Spring Break, but hopefully in 3 weeks I will have more pics to post from our next ride and hopefully safe ride.

Later,

Jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident, its scary how this activity can go from good to bad in such a short time..

glad to hear that your co-rider will be ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts