Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a dumb thing today. i'v changed the oil plenty of times but i thought i'd save time by leaving the skid plates on(wrong!!) what a frippin mess that made that center plate acted like one flat gutter insted of one drip i had oil dripping every where.o well live and learn. didn't save much time with cleanup. don't do as i do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've stripped two bolts on the skids plates, has anyone else had this happen? Or I'm I just a knuckle head.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have never taken mine off to change the oil, it seems to run straight down when the Grizz is sitting level. Mine is an 05 so maybe the hole in the skid plate is bigger than some? Maybe try and cut a bigger hole in yours if your into that? Good luck.......Irv

·
Registered
701 Posts
I usually have to remove my skids every other ride to clean them out. They hold a ton of dirt and wet leaves.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I know a lot of those skid plates come with no hole. On my Raptor I cut my own and made it about 3 inches across. Sure made it a lot easier to do the oil changes.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea you guys. next chance hole is getting bigger. thanks its a pain taking the plates off all the time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
and I'm guessing (because I have yet to install mine) that once the adapter plate for the snow plow is installed it would make it even more of a pain in the a55 to remove the skid plate to change the oil?? I just turned ten hours on my Grizz and plan to change the oil this week, all this advice comes at a good time for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That same problem cured me from changing oil in my toyota years ago.

I spent more time cleaning the oil off the driveway than it took to actually change the oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts