Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike out for the first ride since its first service and noticed an oil leek on the way back it started making a clattering noise. When I stopped and checked it had a plat on the top of the engine that the bolts had come loose I think that it is the plate to alow accsess to the valves for adjusting. My bike only has 300 miles on it and when I called the dealer they said it was out of warnty and all they could do was check for damage. Does anybody know if it might be for checking the valves? I,m woundering if they goofed and are trying to say it is my fault.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If they serviced it they most likely adjusted the valves and never tightened down the plate properly. In a nutshell "they screwed up" and if it was me, I would be calling them and bitching at them for sure. We pay these idiots good money and they should warranty their work, PERIOD..

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I agree with blue_grizzly in that sounds like they did screw up and forgot to tighten the cover down on what sounds like the vales. I too would call them up and have a word with them.

That is one reason I try to do all the work myself and not trust the dealer to do it, never can tell what they do or forget to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did talk to another dealer today and he said that if they did the valve job like they were supposed to that it was there goof up and they should warrenty their work. I havn't talked to my dealer yet to see what they have found out but It'll be the first place I stop when I get back to town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts