Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up the new Griz Friday. Got the SE, with the "free" Yamaha/Warn 2.5, and a set of 26 mudlites. About $6400.00 plus tires, so I coulda done better, but WTH.
I got a 2" exhaust tip and a Noss flange with K&N already here and waitin.
The flange came with no instructions, So I emailed Noss machine with a couple of questions.
The cool tip was on the drilling required to mount the flange. David Noss said to hold a nail with a pair of vice-grips and heat the tip with a propane torch. Line up the flange, and just easily push the nail thru the flange and airbox and instant holes, no drilling and bits and pieces to keep out of the carb.
I live in Tennesse, any ideas on rejetting? I read most of the posts. Some say yes, some say no, some did and went back to stock. Some say the Griz comes rich, but it seems to me that being rich from the factory would actually increase emissions. So, any ideas would be appreciated. I could use some actual jet sizes if you can.
Big thanks to you dudes for all the Mod posts.

Cal

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Cal, thanks for the flange tip. I Just ordered a Twin-Air set-up and that tip will come in handy. Be careful with the K&N, make sure you clean and oil it regularily and definately get the outwear for it. As far as rejetting, I know very little except that I am probably going to do the same very soon. I hear the Dyna-jet kits are the ticket and they come with good instructions. Congats on the new Grizz and keep us posted with info and Pics.......Irv

·
Registered
28 Posts
go with the Dynojet kit, Worked great for me.....easy High gear wheelies!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Good tip on the hot nail trick. I guess I'm done lernin for the day.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Ordered my noss flange today, any other tips or suggestions I might need to know brfore installing? Got mine with the uni-filter.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
TJ, you just have to remove your air box from the quad and install the bolts through the plastic and into the flange, I don't know about yours but mine was a tight fit where it went into the factory slot. I put the flange in the freezer and the airbox in front of a small electric heater. I also put a bit of grease on the flange to help it slide in as well as the rubber 0 ring. Not to bad of a job though. Just take your time.......Irv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts