Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home from work today (Friday) had an hour of daylight and thought...what the **** I haven't been for a ride for 2 days.

So I grabbed my helmet and gear and off I went down to the flood plains for a look around. IO had to make a few new tracks because of fallen trees from the cyclone but that was all good.

I came across a couple of magpie geese, they are very beautiful birds (not bad eating either, so I've been told). I had heaps of fun blatting around on the sandy flats for half an hour or so then home to give the blue meanie a tub.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Down on the flood plains

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magpie Geese

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great pics, looks like beautiful country.

Thanks for sharing,

Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice pics.
What's the current season in Australia?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where I live in the top end we only have two seasons.

The wet and the dry, the wet is usually November till April and the dry is the rest of the year.

When the dry starts it will really open up the country as the long grass dies off and the ground starts to firm up, But the wet is good too because we have lots of places to play in the mud, can't lose either way.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Grat pics, looks like you have plenty of room to ride!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Noel,

mmh, you have at the end only two seasons, but let me think about.... We here in Germany have four (only sometimes). Currently the spring starts. However, when I have some pics I will share it too.

Best from Germany

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
We have 2 seasons in N. Dakota too. Winter and August. Actually, my wife said summer is supposed to be on a weekend this year. She can't wait.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Starky,

You are a funny buggar. How's it goin over there mate.

Keep out of trouble, Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Today I was wandering around in the mine field picking up signs. They said it was too dangerous for the military guys to do it.
I'm still here, so i guess life is good.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Starky,

"Today I was wandering around in the mine field picking up signs."

If this is keeping out of trouble..........we need to talk LOL

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
81 Posts
inter- looks like some really nice place to live. when i was in grade 7 my school teacher went on an exchange to australia and the teacher there came to BC canada. and it was not bad, got to make a trip of our own and spending 3000.00 dollars. my grandparents have been there a couple of times. and i'd love to go there one day just to see what its like. and i love the "blue meanie" pretty sweet grizz!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts