Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there's an online parts breakdown for the Grizzly that includes pricing (even if it's list price)? I know you can order parts from places like Parker Yamaha at a discount, but I'd like to know what they cost in the first place before I take the time to call up and try to order the parts.

There's Partsland.com for Polaris stuff, some place in LA for Honda, and Browne's Liesure for Arctic Cat, but I haven't found one for Yamaha.

What I need to do is rebuild the front end on my Grizzly. I think the tie rods and balljoints are bit loose and could stand replacing. I know that all the parts together come to $300-400, so I'm thinking if I start with just the lower balljoints and outer tie rod ends, it might be a cheaper place to start.

Rob

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
rob,, try this,,,, go to www.mrcycles and on the left side click on yamaha atv parts,,,, then when the page comes up just fill out the year and model your looking for,,, should have the diagram and price there,,, hope this helps,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch! That's a cool site, and their prices are pretty good too. www.mrcycles.com

I priced up complete lower balljoints, inner and outer tie rod ends, tie rods themselves, and all control arm bushings... total of $247. The upper balljoints appear to be part of the upper control arm, which is $75 each... ouch. I'm wondering if anybody has made a replaceable balljoint for it yet.

Also, has anybody here rebuilt their front differential yet? I think I have a bearing on its way out. I don't think this is something I want to tackle myself, so I'm hoping to find a shop that might be able to do it. I can get the diff in and out of the quad, but that's it. It's that or buy a new one for $800+ which I really don't want to do.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
How come you have so many problems with your front end?

·
Registered
270 Posts
mrcycles is the best I have found... genuine parts, best prices, and AWESOME customer service. Ask for Kevin... he has always been a great helpto me.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are no "problems" with it per se; it rides just fine. BUT, having ridden a new Grizzly recently, I can tell a big difference in how the front end feels. Mine feels "loose", which after 4200+ miles of rock crawling and dealing with huge tires, they're probably a bit worn. Plus I'm anal about that sort of thing.

I rebuilt the front end in my '86 Corvette back in the late 90's... the car had almost 100k on it at the time, and the difference was night and day. That's why I know it'll be worth doing to the Grizzly.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope I didn't screw up. I just purchased a used 2001 Grizzly 600cc and I live in Mexico. I have every intention of rebuilding this ATV. However, good luck finding parts in Mexico, or parts that ship to Mexico. The customs and duties from USA are high.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need the best prices on a complete engine rebuild kit. Any suggestions from you guys are welcome, please. Thank you! Scott

Yamaha Grizzly 600cc 2001

1 - 8 of 8 Posts