Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding through some mud yesterday.

Turned the handle bars slightly to the left and a little hunk of mud shot off the tire. It was just big enough to catch my eye. As I watched this little mud piece spinning in the air, it started loosing momentum. It went up and out just enough that I caught up with it.

It seemed as if this little hunk of mud was going in slow motion or something and had one specific purpose. One of those things that if I had ducked, sped up, slowed down or hit the brakes - it would have connected.

Anyway, you guessed it, right in the kisser. I guess I ride with my mouth open. Who knows????????????

As I was trying to spit the mud hunk out of my mouth, not wanting to know if the farmer had any recent livestock in this field, wondered how the overfenders would help in this situation.

Well, here I am.

It looks like these overfenders are running around $100 plus. The pictures I have seen looks like they are either rivited or screwed on. I can't really tell.

Has anyone had any experience putting these things on?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't have any yet but I have read that they are real easy to install. The only thing that concerns me is the extra width when it is in the back of the pick-up, I have to put 1 of my ramps beside the quad when going riding and I am not sure if I will be able to get it there with the over fenders on?....Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have a set, they are great, they screw on, the bolts and nuts are provided, you need to drill about 4 holes in each fender. It is quick and easy to install.

Some people use silican sealer to stop sand getting caught in the join, I did not bother I just use the pressure hose to clean the joins when I am finished riding!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just installed them on mine after adding a new set of tires, found the new tires with the rear having wider profile and aggressive blocks out to the edge of the tire made for lots of mud/snow flying all over me and the quad.They are easy to install, I think it was like 6 holes per fender I had to drill, take your time, an extra set of hands comes in handy for the install to help hold them in place while you drill the holes. Irv, Look at the picture the beast has and you can see there wont be a problem to put a ramp along side of the machine the overfenders only come down to the black plastic that is part of the running boards.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I have fiited the over fenders as well, very easy to fit.

On the extra width, I do alot of riding in virgin bush, no tracks-nothing, most of the time I am cutting my way through with the front of the quad. Every now and then I try and fit the Grizz where it won't, I have got the over fenders hooked up heaps of times they are so tuff and just keep bouncing back into shape even after squeezing into gaps that are atleast 2 or 3 inches too narrow.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
65 Posts
Picked up the overfenders for my Grizz and my brothers Kodiak last week. Like "The Beast" said they are easy to install and they also look great.....Will take some pictures this weekend and post them when we get back.

Irv, the fenders stick out about the same as the tires 26x12x12 - 26x10x12.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It took me about an hour and a half to install two sets on our Grizzlies this summer. The second set only took about a half hour. I did it myself and holding the overfender while you drill the hole wasn't too bad.
They don't stop the mud from coming off the front tires and hitting the rear fender by your leg, but they really cut down on the amount of mud flying straight up and catching in an open orifice.
If you do a Google search for "Grizzly Overfenders" you may find someone selling them cheaper than most. I found mine for $95 a set plus $15 S&H.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Black on Black

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a bid on Ebay for the overfenders.

I called a local dealer about these and he started off wanting $129 plus tax.

I told him about the better prices on Ebay and he said "are you going to keep your local dealer from making a sale for $13?".

I said "YES".

He then says hows about $120 including tax. He has to order them and it takes 4 to 5 days to get them in.

I can wait the same amount of time and still get a better price off Ebay.

I'll send pics after I put them on.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Dealers suck. You can find them for under $100 on Google.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts