Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I've had my grizz for 4 weeks and love it it has turmed into a mini truck with modifications anyways I was looking for a passenger seat for my girl and i would like to have one attached to a box with a back and bottum and pictures or info would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Grizzlee, check out my pics in my URL and some more in the members section. It is a Quadrax Elite Seat, it has hand warmers, hand guards, rear brake light, lots of storage and a spot fo a 1 gal. gas can or small cooler. It is a super comfy seat and is well made. Good luck.......Irv

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
This one is from Cabela's. It has lots of room inside and is quite comfortable.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Another view

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
grizzlee
I could not get a box/seat locally, so I had to improvise. I mounted a toolbox with u-bolts, I painted the box with truck bed liner. Then I strapped a pillow made of a zipped laundrybag and hiking matrass foam. Its tough, comfortable, and does not look too shabby!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got a motovan one that is actually the one you have tj i was going to get it from cabelas but i found it here at Sportsman's Warehouse so I saved on the shipping plus I work their so I got my discount saved some $$$$ Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Anytime. Hope you like it as much as we do. Wife loves to ride back there but lately has gotten the itch for her own ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I got the same rear box as it looks like TJ10EC has and I gotta tell you my wife is only 5' tall and when she rides I tie on some stirrups for her from the bottom of the rear rack . . . ok well they're just ropes with loops on them. But it really helps.
Both locks on mine broke within a month of getting it (Still has straps to hold the lid down, but not quite as tight and it gets a little dusty in there) - I would try a differnt brand if I were doing it over.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Of course with her feet in the stirrups I'm not allowed to drive crazy. But then, when she's with me, anything over 10 is, well I can't say it, but if your married you already know. Can you say "nature walk" or "getting passed by hikers"...

I'd suggest if you want to go fast with a passenger, getting a louder muffler, same time you get the box:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
i like those stirrups, we had the kids with us today for a little ride and were discussing that exact idea, thanks for posting the pic so we could see yer idea.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You guys need the rear fender protectors with the foot rests, they are adjustable for different passenger sizes and they actually protect your fenders from scuffs and dings. Most atv places sell them and I don't think they are very expensive.........Irv

·
Registered
234 Posts
your are correct they are around 120 or so canadian but sometimes its just about another cheap way to get around spending the moolah hehehe

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I thought geeting the four wheeler was to get away from the old ladie oop's did i say that out loud sorry beauty and

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like the sturup idea i am getting the same problem on some places but does any1 have any pics of these fender protector

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Try this link out. Fender protectors with adjustable foot pegs.

http://www.atvtires.com/FENDER%20PROTECTORS%20with%20footpegs%20Motovan.htm

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Check this Griz out. I believe this is the Kimpex Delux seat. This Griz also has the fender protectors (foot rests) that bolt to the rear rack and the floor board. A couple things to note with this seat, the corners of the seat are notched for the passengers legs. If you get one with a square seat the corners will poke into the passengers legs and get sore after a while. Also, because of the support bar on the rear rack, the passenger seat overlaps the Griz's seat by an inch or so. But if you are like a lot of us, that bar has already been bent and come off so you can move the passenger seat back a couple inches so you can get your seat off without taking the whole thing apart.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are my home brew passenger pegs I made, but the Kimpex are on order.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great job Rider11x and great idea! Welcome to the site, hope you like it. Lots of great people and lots of great info. I have a feeling you will like your Kimpex fender guards better........Irv

·
Registered
92 Posts
We did this low buck set up to see if she liked going along, and now that she likes it, I'm doing it right.I bought the Motovan series B seat box, And bolted it down with the supplied U bolts and steel plates inside the box to give better support. My Kimpex Fender Guards may be here as soon as Friday.

BTW, Here is a pic of the boat seat I mounted on plywood w/ Handles for her to try it out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
BTW, I love this site...Hope to see more traffic soon....I'm sure the 2007 Grizzly will be a Huge help with that! I'm hearing good Rumors from reliable sources.
Thanks for the Welcome!:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts