Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
last one for now

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Great pics Steve,

That country looks similar to where Bobby was, same place???

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great Pics Steve! That stuff in the last pic looks like wet concrete? I guess the ole winches got a good work out up there?......Irv

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
interceptor,

ya, bobby and i are from the same town.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great pic's were you out for ride or were you hunting something?, like Caribou, noticed gun scabbard on the front rack.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dannyk,

carry the gun mostly because we live in polar bear country and there has been the odd barren land grizzly spoted ( other than the ones we ride,lol ), better safe than sorry especially if you have a long walk home.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Steve, O.K. I understand, looked up your area on the map NWT, yeah, better to be safe than a meal ala polar bear, what's your weather like now, getting any freezing weather yet, were overdue for a little cold snap and some frost or snow. With Lake Superior being a little warmer than usual we could get a ton of lake effect snow this winter. Danny

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dannyk,

we've already had snow and it drops below freezing at night. on the day of the ride it was 5 degrees, wind about 30 to 45 km/h and rain ( nice day ).

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey all, steve i agree with you, it was a very nice day. the day we went for the ride, there was a thin layer of ice covering the smaller water areas.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Did you guys make it through this hole or did you have to do some winching?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya , some of us made but everyone had to be winched out at some point

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Looks like you guys were having a blast. Great pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Steve,
I had to look up Nunavut to see where it is. It's above the Northwest Teritories. I didn't think the snow melted that far north.
The map I saw only showed Cambridge Bay in the west and Iqaluit in the east. Where is Rankin Inlet? I don't want to sound like an idiot, but how primitive is the living up there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I looked it up on Google Earth a while back... very cool, both Google Earth and seeing their town from space.

Jim

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nunavut is located above Manitoba and to the east of the northwest territories. Iqaluit is the capital city ( town ) it's located on Baffin island. Rankin inlet is central localed on the west side of the Hudson's bay. Latitude and Longitude: 62o 49' 0" North 92o 4' 59" West

there are no roads, so we have to fly everything in we need, or during the summer we can use a ship out of Montreal or the barge out of Churchill. other than the isloation and no trees it's just like any small town in the south.

snow leaves us at the end of June and comes back around October.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
another map. nunavut is the darker yellow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
other than the isloation and no trees it's just like any small town in the south.

Hey Steve, I'm from the south and I have a tree in my backyard. ha ha

Now my neighbor next to me you can have. That's not a "ha ha".

Hey, I spent 45 minutes cleaning my grizz up from the little mud I went through on Sunday.

How long does it take to clean up your grizz going through the muck you are in?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts