Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the pics i said i would post when i got my 27" xtr's on 14 inch type 7 rims. these are bad pics. i work on a tug boat for 7 days straight so i had to run home real quick and put them on to see what they look like, just put on one side they look better in real life then the pics show.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Looks good, man what a difference between stock and the new one's.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Looks great, now just got to get the other side done and take it for a rip! Let us know how you like them. Congrats.......Irv

·
Registered
113 Posts
love those black rims

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i ever get off this boat i will try them out. thanks for the comments. everybody i know that has them loves them. they say it ride's and handle different. i will try them out friday when i get off. they gave me some more height. i picked the 4 wheeler up and put a milk crate under it and took the stock wheels off then when i had to put the mudlites on i had to find a bucket to stick under it because it was not high enough for the mudlites.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Friend ran his Prarie through a Mud Bog today with 26" XTR's and the machine took 2nd and 3rd place with two different riders.

This has changed my mind on the Bighorns that I have always wanted...the XTR's will be on my Grizz this summer. Probably stick with 26" because I like how my Grizz runs now with the 26" XL Lites, although it would be nice to have a true 26" tire and the only way to get that with ITP is run 27's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My with has those same tires on with the exception of all aluminum colored rims and they are the best tires ever.

They handle so good and with the 14" rim it allows less sidewall which makes the tire so much more stable in my opinion.

She literally floats over the mud with her 05' Grizzly.

I have Titan 589's which i really like but my next set will be the XTR's.

·
Registered
57 Posts
did you have to get a lift and if not does it rub

·
Registered
18 Posts
no lift no major rub with 27/9/14 on front and 27/11/14 on rear. when the rear susp is bottomed out the tires rub on the plastic on the rear of the footwell fenders. you dont need to cut this or anything ride it and it will rub the plastic
back to clear. In my case the rub cut the plastic so nice i would not have been able to cut it any better. With the plastic rubbing on the tire i was expecting to
see signs of wear on the tires but there was none and still no signs of wear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
exactly right saskgrizzly!! only thing i don't like is something is wrong with one of my tires it sticks out further then the other. one tire sags over the rim on one side the other tire sags over on the oppisite side of the rim hard to explain. i am trying to talk to itp about it. i am about to go to bed. i will try to explain a little better later. here is another pic of my grizz.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts