Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Nice pics of your Grizz. Also have to say that I like the truck. Not much of a Chevy man myself but still a **** nice ride. BTW it has to be a Ford for me lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the complement! Sounds even better coming from a Ford guy. lol. Well truth is, I'd love to have a Powerstroke too, but they're so expensive! And the D-max didn't come out till '01 so it's out of the question. I am a Chevy man, but, am the first to admit they all have their pros and cons. All three make some great trucks.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Yea I have to agree with you on that one, they all have their good points. I have a 99 Ford Explorer with a little of a lift, I love it but I too would like to have a Powerstroke. Just don't seem to have the cash though. Just would like to have a little more under the hood for pulling atv's and other stuff. Had a 97 Ranger wich pulled ok but since I got the Explorer I have like the convience of not having a open bed. I do miss my truck still...lol

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Guess Rob has us both beat..lol.

Nice truck Rob, also like the trailer. What Brand of trailer is that?

I just recently bought a FeatherLite 6.6 x 12 open trailer. I would have loved to get one of their enclosed but just don't really think the Explorer would haved pulled it well, hence the Powerstroke. Oh well maybe in a few years I can.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
The trailer is a 1996 Haulmark. It's tiny... the box is only 10' long (actually 9'8"), plus the little 4' V-nose. My Grizzly BARELY fits through the front ramp door.

The only way to carry two quads in it is to put them in at an angle, or totally sideways. BUT, it carries two snowmobiles nicely.

My plan is to try to get a new Interstate 21' snowmobile trailer sometime between now and this time next year. That'd be a 16' box with a 5' V-nose. That'll carry two quads lengthwise and leave plenty of room for gear, or four of 'em sideways. Or three snowmobiles. Then during the Summer months, the little trailer will hold two sleds for storage and the larger trailer will carry the quads. In the winter, the little trailer will hold two quads for winter storage, and the larger trailer will carry the sleds.

That is once I have some more money... I'm pretty **** broke right now, and that truck is a big part of why. :)

If you want a Cummins, I strongly recommend a 1995-2002. Anything with under 250k miles will be fine. The Cummins is easily a million-mile motor.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think we need to start a new club, just for the blue grizzly's. Haha
They sure have gotten popular. When I have time and can finger it out, I'll add mine.
Nice looking bike and truck. I knew you would like the Mudlites.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the complemints, guys! Yeah Rob, I hear good and bad comparisons between the cummins' 12 valve/ 24 valve/ H.O./ 600. The latter, of course, out of my price range anyway. But I did see my dream truck the other day... 2004 silver, reg. cab, 6 speed, 4x4, 3/4 ton, 600 cummins with 285/75/16 MT/R's and an 80 h.p. chip. A guy brought it into the shop where I work (auto maintenence) for a basic oil change, (I hate changing the oil on cummins diesels, you probably know why, Rob) so I had a chance to talk to the driver. I am really just getting started learning about the cummins, and I noted that you said '95-2002. What did they change between '94 and '95? Is that the year they changed from 12 valve to 24? Reason I ask is 'cause I've seen some reasonable '94's around. Thanx, later!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts