Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can everybody show me their pictures of their Yamaha Grizzly's? I will appreciate it. I can't show a picture of mine because I don't have a scanner. Mine is a 2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 all stock. I will be putting a K&N air filter and later will put on C-Series and probably GBC Dirt Devils or Maxxis Big Horns whenever I save up enought money for about a year! ha ha

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Cool Pics Kodiak660, Looks like you can handle the Grizz pretty well. I am still learning but i am getting there, 380 KM's so far and it still impresses the he-- out of me!....Irv

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Me and my wifes while in Hulrly, WI of this year

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! I'll have to see if I can do that. It will take some practice. I can hold a wheelie on dirtbikes pretty good. My record wheelie is 300 yards which is pretty darn good!

·
Registered
95 Posts
CG, how are you getting that front end up like that? My bone stock "05"SE won't do it. You power braking the front a little?

Scott

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
actually in that pic i cheated a little,,, what you cant see is the hump i went over,,,,, but the main problem with them not coming up is traction,, when Im running on the dirt roads around here I have a highway i have to cross and it will come up clear across it real easy,,,and sometime on grass I have got it to bite good and had it come straight up,,, it is not a power thing,, all traction i think,,,I have my back spring set soft, but if anything like a rc car i think you could set the springs stiffer and really help it,,, ,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
2005 Limited Edition

·
Registered
95 Posts
CG, glad to hear you cheated, I've got some air time myself, just can't get it out of the hole. I'm thinking its more the "wet clutch" than traction. I am however gona try a little hard front brake with full throttle.

Heres a shot from this past spring at the lake getting ready to launch another "Yamaha" toy...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
This isn't mine, but it's a good representation so i thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
and here is mine...

Still at the shop having the rear diff and CV's replaced!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Where was that picture taken little Kodie? looks like either the Ganny or test hill area?.....Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
You guys look good all geared up. I like the bumper on the blue Kodiak, where did it come from.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts