Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to everyone and express my thanks for the use of this cool site (I even donated I liked it so much). A little about me: I’m a newbie to the atv world but, not to off roading. I’ve always owned some type of 4wd most of my life, dirt biked (RM125 a model) when I was younger, cycled on Hondas and Harleys later on. I’ve owned some really cool cars when I was younger like a ’70 R/T Charger, ‘71 Challenger, ’72 K5 Blazer (last year the entire roof was removable), ’75 FJ40 (talk about an unstoppable 4wd!) I currently own a ’55 Chevy that I bought back in 1990, I have three Accord Coupes and a ’94 K2500 HD (I know, too much junk). There were many more but these were worth mentioning. I do most of my own mechanical work when I can because I believe no one will take as much care and do the job right like the owner will. I’m a firm believer in synthetic oil and Anti-Seize to name a few and even use a torque wrench when tightening lug nuts…typical gear-head I guess you’d say but sometimes a little too cautious. I’m an Electronic Tech for the gov and specialize in computers.

I like the fact I can come to this site and read comments from folks that are far ahead of me in this new hobby, I have many questions that I’m finding answers to by reading the posts. I just bought my Grizzly a few weeks before Christmas, I’ve waited about ten years to buy an atv and I can honestly say its been the most fun I’ve had since my FJ40!! I’m glad that I did wait, they are far better designed now than they ever have been. I have been very impressed with all aspects of this machine and since nobody at work is into this hobby I’ll have to brag to you folks about it!! I have bought a few things for it already but have a pretty big “wish list” so in time it will be loaded up. I’ve upgraded the A arm covers and installed a really well built receiver hitch so I can tow my log splitter and my pop up. I will post a pic of the receiver under a different topic.

So once again hello to everybody!

Grizznizzle

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Welcome aboard GN,

You wil;l find heaps of info here.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome grizznizzle, and thanks for supporting the cause. This is an awsome time to buy a quad they just keep getting better.
Oh, and by the way, that clunking sound you hear when you are braking is normal. That's one of the first questions people ask.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Starky, I'll have to listen for the clunking sound. I just turned 7 hours so I'm really still learning to control it...jumping logs has been a blast!!! Also I think the fact that when I ride my jeans begin to fit tight pulling my skin from my head to lower areas therefor distorting my hearing slightly prob doesnt help much either...eyes water too...I think I'll quit my job so I can ride more :)

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
welcome aboard grizznizzle,,,, but you should have tried to pick a user name with some z's in it while you were at it,,,,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Were going to have to shorten that up to just "Nizz"

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Welcome Aboard grizznizzle!1

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum grizznizzle, this is the best forum imo for Grizzly info and all around great people.......Irv

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's funny Doolin.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and welcome to the forum Grizznizzle.

I used to live in Cockeysville, Maryland, when I was a kid.

·
Registered
462 Posts
welcome Grizznizzle,,,,and congrats on the new wheels

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
yes welcome, looking forward to your comments and suggestions

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
And another welcome here. Glade to have you

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GOD BLESS US ALL, EVERYONE as the little fella would say around Christmas time!!! I'm glad to hear you got outta that part of MD Tnwrang! its about an hour or so from me. been through your state many times on the way to Okie.

doolin: SIR, YES SIR!! heh heh heh

hoopharted...that is a saying that a friend of mine have been saying to each other for 16 years!!!

Nizz

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay, now all of the howdy's have been said.

What the heck does "FNG" mean?

Maybe a four letter word for 'F', new for 'N' and grizzly for 'G'?

Or maybe not.

Next time your coming through on I-40, give me a shout out and we'll hook up.

Since you got your raise from going up on the cost of stamps, I'll let you buy the 1st round. ha ha

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahhahahahahaah, let me put my TWO CENTS IN!!! :)

FNG = F'n New Guy

will def give out a holla the next time I'm cruising thru your beuatiful state, BTW love the speed limit!

Nizz

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
COCKEYSVILLE?!?! No kidding. I would have moved too. I don't think I could say with a straight face, I'm from cockeysville.

I like "FNGO". F'kn New Grizzly Owner.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We only lived there for about a year.

The old man got transferred there when he worked for Massey Ferguson.

And the added baggage had to follow.

It's still, 30 years later, hard to say it without laughing or smiling.

Hey, I'm from Cockeysville, Maryland.

I can't type it in without laughing.

I think it is one of those things that just grows on ya. Kind of like a whart.

Who knows.

Hey, how do these other towns I lived in sound?

Indianola, Iowa?
Oriskany, New York?
Stuarts Draft, Virginia?

Yep, Cockeysville has them all beat!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The only thing funnier than being from Cockeysville is going to a high school that has to play against them. I can just see the cheerleaders yelling, "BEAT COCKEYSVILLE".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts