Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my plow this weekend and got to use it for the first time.
It's just awesome!!! The Grizz will plow anything...it's just amazing.

My plow is a hand-made 60', very easy to mount. I replaced the front guard with the mounting bracket. Just one pin to mount the plow and it's ready to go. Can't wait for more snow!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have some soon

·
Registered
462 Posts
i just got my new blade today,,,,54" Warn Cyclone

the standard Warn blade bent on me the last snow,,,,,,blade,and wear bar both

it caught the road where it goes from dirt to paved and buckled it,,,i was pretty disappointed with it,but halfway expected it sooner or later,,,it did seem kinda light weight,but i thought it was going to be fine after using it all last winter

the Cyclone is alot more beefier,has more of a curve

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I guess it's better that the plow bent then the frame.
That is my biggest complaint about the Swisher set-up, the mount ataches to the A-arms. If you hit something solid those A-arms aren't all that strong but mighty expensive.

·
Registered
462 Posts
you know Starky,,,i kinda considered just that when i was making the decision of the Cyclone upgrade,or to just get a new Standard blade,,,,,the blade bending did prevent somthing else from getting damaged,,,,but even the Standard blades arnt cheap either,i dont want to be buying a new blade every year either

the Warn push tube assembly is mounted to the frame via 2 beefy brackets,,,,a hard hit i think would be easier handled due to this with no damage to the frame,,,,so i decided to go heavier blade,,,,i have no worries about the frame,,,,the push tube would go before it,and the push tube is pretty heavy as well with several welded cross braces connecting both tubes,,,,,also the weak link in the system now is the 2 pins that fasten the pushtube assembly to the brackets,i think they would shear before anything serious would get damaged,,,,,thats the way it should be,two 50 cent pins to replace,rather than $200 bucks,or damage to the bike

one problem with internet shopping is you cant physically inspect merchandise,or options before making a decision,but i think the ability to shop at hundreds of stores to get the lowest possible price rather than 2 or 3 locally,out weigh that

·
Registered
462 Posts
finally got the new blade mounted,,,,baby is sweet!!!!

definatly the Cyclone model is much more ample,,,,suppose to get snow this Sunday,hop its enough to plow,hehehehehehe

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couple of pic of the plow

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another

·
Registered
462 Posts
that looks like the one i just bent,is that a 48" Warn?,,,i'll take some pics of the bent one tomorrow,,,,,buckled the wear bar,and the whole right side

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not a warn...just a "home-made"
I hope I don't bend it. I bought it from a friend, He used it for a year...no problem

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I have the Polaris Glacier Plow system on my Grizzly... yep, they make a mount for it. Go figure. I also have a mount for it on my Sportsman, so I can use either one to plow. My favorite for plowing? The Grizz.

The Grizzly is much easier to shift than the Sportsman, and I like the shifter better on the left side. Plus the foot brake works better, which is what I tend to use more than the handbrakes when plowing. I've developed a rhythm (sp?) that's much faster.

Rob

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've got the same rythym (sp? not sure) that you're talking about Rob. The setup for the grizz works great for plowing. Looks great for a homemade plow Grizz fan! Get a snow deflector off of ebay for the plow it will help it from coming over the top.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good idea about the snow deflector Doolin64..Only used the plow once so farin a couple inches of snow....didn't need it but I'll get one before the next "big one"

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Mrs. Starky has been doing all the plowing at our house. She said she got the Grizzly stuck and had to get a shovel to dig it out.
I keep telling her to take pictures and post em up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
heres a couple pics of the 48' blade i recently bent

·
Registered
462 Posts
anouther

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Starky,

Tell Mrs. Starky from the rest of us here.............

-------- "we NEED pics" -----------:) :)

Hoo,

OUCH..... :( .

Thats gotta hurt, how fast do you think you were going when that happened?

Cheers Noel

1 - 20 of 35 Posts