Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering who has the Power Now in their carberator. Does it actually do anything or is it just another gizmo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i am a sucker for anything that says mo power ...save your dollars .it is junk

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Georgia. I wonder if they make those cyclone things for ATVs that you put in your air intake hose. From what I have heard those actually do improve gas milage in cars and trucks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
once again ...the idiot i am ...i bought the turbonator for my 2500hd ..save your money ..other than a funny whistle sound nothing ..u would think that i would learn...

·
Registered
27 Posts
GeorgiaGrizzly, I had one of those trottle body spacers on my 01' K1500. No power gain, just that **** whistle sound you are talking about. I took it off. I couldn't stand that whistle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i know ....100.00 bucks and it sounds like a leaky window...

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Power Now Valve is NO JOKE!! It does just what they say it does which is idol to 1/2 throttle. It will NOT give you more wide open throttle horse power but will make throttle response much crisper. On a buddies 05 Honda 250X it made the low end come on much harder to the point the bike can be riddin a gear high in most conditions.
I just installed one on my 06 Grizz yesterday and it even idols smoother and would run without the choke much sooner. It will pull the front tires about 6 inches in high range from a dead stop, it wouln't before.
I havent been out of the alley with the Grizz yet, but the difference on the 250X was enough to sell me. More than just slightly noticeable.
Dirt Rider magazine named it thier product of the year in 03.
I got it from CYCLEBUY.COM.

Flame away

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the 4-stroke dirt bikes I hear it works great, I just haven't heard many reports on quads.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, I put on about 30 miles on Sat. I would say the Power now did smooth out the bottomend when negotiating tight and tricky obsticals. With a dirtbike it's more noticable with the manual transmission. The CRF250 has a stronger hit off idol and can be ridden a gear higher in a lot of tight and technical sections. With the belt drive Grizz it's tougher to compare.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i am happy it worked for you ...and you guys it may work better in the higher altitude ..in south georgia it is a joke ...save your money

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thems feudin words.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts