Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from a great week of 4 wheelin in West Virginia in the Hattfield McCoy trail systems. On day 2 of four wheelin at Bear Wallow I had a pretty bad end over end roll over on trail 94. Nothing to say but it was my fault. I didn't follow the line that everyone else did. At least it happened on a black trail. Instead of a taking a hard right between two rocks, I tried to go up the on my my left. Never expected it to happen the quad went straight up. I fell off it was coming down at me, did a complete flip end over end and rolled on its wheels. The bars moved down, just had to loosen it up and put them back into place. The plastic got some good scratches. The rear cargo box saved the back rack. The front bumper bent, but I was able to fix that. The rack is what took the worst hit. Only one bolt doesn't line up, so I'll be ordering a new one. I also need the plastic guard in between my handlebars. I think my foot hit it and smashed that. Here's a few more pics. The last one is after we fixed it.

Here's a link to all my photos.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/F3173EC6B75D00C

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed for the rest of the trip. I'm still going to buy a new rack since it won't bolt up just right. I'm anal like that and I need to replace the plastic piece in between the bars. Otherwise I'm good to go!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt, it makes for a lot better stories. Doesn't look like too much damage considering.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got some pretty good gouges in the plastic but I can live with that. But I agree considering what happend it faired well. I actually like the fact that the front bumper was week. Because the front bumper gave a little it saved the rest of the bike including the frame.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Koko,

I am glad you are OK!

Looks like the Griz has had a little character building and now it has some "WAR" scars!!
Good for campfire stories!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
war wounds,,,,sport them with pride,,,,atleast it doesnt look like it just rolled off the show room floor

the first day i got mine,i took it through the brush,and briars to get it out of the way

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Gald it is nothing to serious doolin! the main thing is your ok and you can ride another day! Toys can be replaced, we can't. A bit of spit and polish and you will be ready to roll again. No pun intended LOL.........Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hey Doolin,

Glad your OK mate, an stack you can walk away from is a good one IMO. As the boys said "gives the Grizz some character"

Cheers Noel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts